|Founder||Steve Schwartz, Paula Mae Schwartz|
|Headquarters||Waltham, Massachusetts, United States|
Number of locations
|Bryan Scanlon (President)
Steve Schwartz (CEO)
Ari Millstein (CFO)
Number of employees
The company started out as a general public relations firm, for example running a marketing campaign for Gerber baby food, before specializing on technology and healthcare companies. The company established an office in San Francisco in 1996  and on November 1, 2006, Schwartz opened their third office at Stockholm. In 2007, they established a location in London.
In March 2009, Steve Schwartz stepped down as President of the firm and named Bryan Scanlon as his replacement. Scanlon has been with the firm since 1997 and most recently ran the company’s San Francisco office. Schwartz continues to hold the title of CEO. Schwartz also announced in March 2009 that its chief financial officer, Ari Millstein, would assume the additional role of chief operating officer, once held by Paula Mae Schwartz, who now acts as the firm’s "chief people officer". Schwartz explained that the changes were made so the couple could focus on their film production company, "Chockstone Pictures".
In 2011 the firm was acquired by MSL Group, a large PR firm owned by Publicis Groupe. The firm's name was changed to Schwartz MSL. 
In addition to its Waltham headquarters, Schwartz has offices in San Francisco, London and Stockholm. The firm specializes in PR for the high-tech, medical device, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Sullivan, James (October 19, 2008). "A fork (and a bump) in 'The Road'". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- Dannhauser, Carol (12.9.98). "How One Couple Parlayed Their Differences Into a Thriving PR Company". Business Week. Retrieved 2009-08-12. Check date values in:
- Noblett, Jackie (March 23, 2009). "Schwartz details executive reshuffling". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- van der Pool, Lisa (February 1, 2008). "Growing PR firms prepare to weather economic tide". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- "PR agency Schwartz to open Stockholm office". Boston Business Journal. August 24, 2006. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- Reed, Keith (September 11, 2006). "Schwartz stable grows by 10". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- Qualters, Sheri (July 19, 2002). "Staples sharpens focus with new marketing firm hire". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- van der Pool, Lisa (June 2, 2009). "Museum of Science wins top 'bell' award". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 2009-08-12.