Schwartz Tavern, April, 2015
|Location||111 Tavern St., Blackstone, Virginia|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architectural style||Colonial, Federal|
|NRHP reference #||74002140|
|Added to NRHP||June 28, 1974|
|Designated VLR||June 18, 1974|
Schwartz Tavern is a historic inn and tavern located at Blackstone, Nottoway County, Virginia. The original section was built about 1798, with two additions made by 1840. It measures 99 feet long in three sections, with the middle block the oldest. The interior features Federal style decorative details and paneling. It is Blackstone's oldest building.
The tavern has been restored and is open for tours.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Virginia Landmarks Register". Virginia Department of Historic Resources. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- Virginia Historic Landmarks Commission staff (June 1974). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Schwartz Tavern" (PDF). Virginia Department of Historic Resources. and Accompanying photo
- "Visitors". Blackstone Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- Schwartz Tavern - Blackstone Museums
- Schwartz Tavern, 111 Tavern Street, Blackstone, Nottoway County, VA 1 photo at Historic American Buildings Survey
|This article about a property in Nottoway County, Virginia on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|