- See Syfy Universal for a list of other Syfy channels.
|Launched||30 May 2007|
|Closed||1 July 2016|
|Network||Universal Networks International|
|Picture format||576i (16:9, SD)
|Formerly called||Sci Fi Channel (2007-2010)|
|Sister channel(s)||13th Street Universal (Benelux)
Syfy was a Dutch-language digital television channel service specializing in science fiction, fantasy, and horror shows and movies. The channel launched in 2007 as a sister channel to the US Sci Fi Channel, with a similar programming line-up. Syfy operated as a channel service of Universal Networks International, a division of NBCUniversal.
Sci-Fi Channel had previously been available in Benelux in the 1990s. Failing to attract audiences, the channel withdrew from Benelux and Scandinavia at the end of 1998, focusing on their UK service instead.
An HD-simulcast started through UPC Netherlands on 1 May 2013.
It officially ceased broadcasting on 1 July 2016.
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Battlestar Galactica
- Dark Angel
- Destination Truth
- Doctor Who (Series 7)
- Flash Gordon
- Painkiller Jane
- Primeval: New World
- Star Trek
- Star Trek: Enterprise
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Stargate Atlantis
- Stargate Universe
- The X-Files
- Tin Man
- "Sci-fi Channel Ends Scandi Run". The Hollywood Reporter. December 8, 1998.
- Jarco Kriek (22 April 2013). "13th Street HD, Syfy HD en TLC HD nieuw bij UPC". Totaal TV.
- Jarco Kriek (6 May 2016). "NBCUNIVERSAL STOPT OP 1 JULI MET SYFY EN 13TH STREET". Totaal TV.