Science Area, Oxford
Oxford Science Area
Science Area shown within Oxfordshire
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
|UK Parliament||Oxford West and Abingdon|
|Website||Science Area, University of Oxford|
The main part of the Science Area is located to the south of the University Parks and to the north of South Parks Road, bounded by Parks Road to the west. Some departments are also located south of South Parks Road. Close by to the northwest, further departments are located in a triangle of land bounded by the Banbury Road to the west, Keble Road to the south, and Parks Road to the northeast, opposite the University Parks.
The Radcliffe Observatory Quarter further to the west between Woodstock Road and Walton Street, where the Radcliffe Infirmary hospital used to be located, is now being developed by the University for a number of departments, following the granting of planning permission in 2009. The re-organisation of this central part of the university’s science campus is accompanying the construction of a new Biochemistry Building design by Architects Hawkins Brown and Terra Firma Landscape Architects worked with them to design the new public interest and external facilities required by staff, researchers and students.
- Computer Science (formerly the Computing Laboratory):
- Earth Sciences
- Engineering Science
- E-Research Centre
- Experimental Psychology
- Mathematical Institute
- Atmospheric, Oceanic and Planetary Physics
- Clarendon Laboratory:
- Atomic and Laser Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Particle Physics
- Theoretical Physics
- Plant Sciences
- Begbroke Science Park
- Dyson Perrins Laboratory
- Oxford Internet Institute
- Oxford Science Park
- Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
- Sherwood, Jennifer; Pevsner, Nikolaus (1974). The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. pp. 276–282. ISBN 0-14-071045-0.
- Tyack, Geoffrey (1998). Oxford: An Architectural Guide. Oxford & New York: Oxford University Press. pp. 281–283. ISBN 0-19-817423-3.
- Landscape Architects.
|This Oxfordshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|