|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015)|
Science Oxford (SO) (formerly known as The Oxford Trust) is a charitable organisation based in Oxford, England. Science Oxford's mission is: To encourage the pursuit of science and enterprise, with the long term vision of: Making connections between science, enterprise and society.
Over the past two decades,[when?] Science Oxford has developed a range of projects, a number of which are now delivered by others. It played a role in the development of both innovation centres for the incubation of high-tech companies and in the creation of venture angel networks such as the Oxfordshire Investment Opportunity Network. Oxford Innovation, their own spin-out company, is a provider of services to the knowledge-based economy.
In September 2005, phase one of Science Oxford opened in St Clement's providing for the first time a central Oxford home for its public engagement work, including the annual Festival of Science and the discovery zone (previously Hands On/Curioxity), its interactive activities for schools and families. Science Oxford (now Science Oxford Live), provides a venue that brings scientists and the public together.
In early 2009, Science Oxford undertook a rebranding exercise and separated its different activities into:
- Science Oxford remained as the parent brand.
- Science Oxford Live was created as the venue at St Clement's. It contains the discovery zone and holds a programme of family and evening events focused on science.
- Science Oxford Next works to connect young people with the challenge and excitement of science and enterprise. It does this by delivering shows and workshops in schools.
- Science Oxford Networks connects businesses with the general public and schools.
- Science Oxford Online is a website containing science news and videos with the aim of demonstrating how science fits into everyday life.
- "Oxford Innovation". UK.
- "Discovery Zone". ScienceOxfordLive.com. Science Oxford. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "Science Oxford presents presents:The Curioxity Show – A family science extravaganza". OldFireStation.org.uk. UK: Old Fire Station. 2015. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- Science Oxford website
- Science Oxford Live website
- Science Oxford Online website
- Science Oxford Networks website
- Science Oxford Next website
|This article related to a museum in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a scientific organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|