Science and Technology of Advanced Materials
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Sci. Tech. Adv. Mater.|
|Edited by||Shu Yamaguchi|
Science and Technology of Advanced Materials is a bimonthly peer-reviewed scientific journal in materials science that was established in 2000. In 2008 it became an open access journal through the sponsorship of the National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS). The journal is international; it is managed by NIMS, which was joined in 2014 by the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology (Empa).
The journal covers all aspects of materials science, including theoretical analysis, synthesis and processing, phase and structure analyses, characterization, properties, engineering, and applications. It covers advances in research on solids, liquids and colloids, with emphasis on the interdisciplinary nature of materials science and issues at the forefront of the field, such as nano-, bio- and ecomaterials.
STAM has published articles and editorials by the Nobel Laureates Ei-ichi Negishi, Heinrich Rohrer and Dan Shechtman. Its Advisory Board includes James Gimzewski, Michael Grätzel, Hideo Hosono, Colin Humphreys, Yoshinori Tokura and Yoshihisa Yamamoto.
- Global partnership signed to expand opportunities for open access publishing in materials science. ioppublishing.org. 31 January 2014
- Leading open access material science journal changes copyright license. ioppublishing.org. 6 March 2014
- "Web of Science". 2015. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- Xu, Shiqing; Kim, Eun Hoo; Wei, Alexander; Negishi, Ei-Ichi (2014). "Pd- and Ni-catalyzed cross-coupling reactions in the synthesis of organic electronic materials". Science and Technology of Advanced Materials. 15 (4): 044201. Bibcode:2014STAdM..15d4201X. doi:10.1088/1468-6996/15/4/044201. PMC . PMID 27877696.
- Rohrer, Heinrich (2010). "Nanomaterials science". Science and Technology of Advanced Materials. 11 (5): 050301. Bibcode:2010STAdM..11e0301R. doi:10.1088/1468-6996/11/5/050301. PMC . PMID 27877357.
- Shechtman, Dan (2014). "Focus on complex metallic phases". Science and Technology of Advanced Materials. 15 (5): 050302. Bibcode:2014STAdM..15e0302S. doi:10.1088/1468-6996/15/5/050302. PMC . PMID 27877710.
- Editorial Board. tandfonline.com