Science and Technology in Turkey is centrally planned by TÜBİTAK and in responsibility of universities and research institutes. R&D activities in Turkey show a significant jump in recent years.
Research Institutes and Organisations
There are six universities in Turkey which are dedicated to engineering, technology and sciences.
Electronics and nanoscience and nanotechnology are also emerging with projected positive growth in Turkey.
Notable scientists from Turkey
- Cahit Arf, mathematician, known for the Arf invariant
- Hulusi Behçet, dermatologist, known for reporting the Behçet's disease
- Feza Gürsey, physicist
- Erdal İnönü, physicist, winner of the 2004 Wigner Medal
- Muzafer Sherif, psychologist, one of the founders of social psychology
- Oktay Sinanoğlu, chemist
- Aziz Sancar, chemist, awarded the 2015 Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- Gazi Yaşargil, neurosurgeon, known as the father of microneurosurgery
- Celâl Şengör, geologist, known for tectonics of Turkey and Asia
- ^ Tübitak
- ^ "Consumer Electronics in Turkey". www.euromonitor.com. Retrieved 2015-12-02.
- ^ "NANO STATISTICS | News | Nanotechnology in Turkey". statnano.com. Retrieved 2015-12-02.