Scientific classification (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scientific classification may refer to:
- Chemical classification
- Mathematical classification, construction of subsets into a set
- The mathematical problem of assigning a label to an object based on a set of its attributes or features.
- Taxonomy, the practice and science of categorization
- Alpha taxonomy, the science of finding, describing and naming organisms
- Biological classification
- Cladistics, a newer way of classifying organisms, based solely on phylogeny
- Linnaean taxonomy, the classic scientific classification system
- Virus classification, naming and sorting viruses
- Categorization, general
- Classification of the sciences (Peirce)
- Language classification
- Systematic name
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Scientific classification.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.