Scientists Under Attack: Genetic Engineering in the Magnetic Field of Money
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Under Attack: Genetic Engineering in the Magnetic Field of Money|
|Directed by||Bertram Verhaag|
|Produced by||Bertram Verhaag|
|Written by||Bertram Verhaag|
|Music by||Gert Wilden Jr.|
|Edited by||Verena Schönauer|
|Distributed by||Denkmal Film, BR|
Scientists Under Attack: Genetic Engineering in the Magnetic Field of Money (original title: "Gekaufte Wahrheit – Gentechnik im Magnetfeld des Geldes") is a 2010 German documentary by Bertram Verhaag. It alleges that the biotechnology industry was implicit in ruining the careers of Árpád Pusztai and Ignacio Chapela when they published research critical of genetic engineering.
The 2010 documentary interviewed three scientists (Árpád Pusztai, Nina Fedoroff and Ignacio Chapela) and an attorney (Andrew Kimbrell). Pusztai was a biochemist who went to the media with unpublished research claiming that a type of genetically modified potato suppressed the immune system and stunted growth when fed to rats. The resulting controversy led to him being fired from the Rowett Institute. Fedoroff is a highly decorated molecular biologist who is an external adviser to the US Department of State. Chapela is a professor at the University of Berkeley and Kimbrell is the executive director of the Center for Food Safety who sued the FDA in 1998 over its regulation of GM foods.
The German ARD cultural magazine "titel thesen temperamente" broadcast a 6-minute review about the film. The Bayerischer Rundfunk described the film as committed, partisan and disputatious. KinoZeit calls it an ambitious documentary.
- Scientists Under Attack - Genetic Engineering in the Magnetic Field of Money DENKmal-Film GmbH, undated, retrieved October 2015
- ttt (titel thesen temperamente)Bertram Verhaag über Gekaufte Wahrheit 6:38 min, ARD, 28 February 2011, retrieved 24 October 2015
- Bayerischer Rundfunk Gekaufte Wahrheit - Gentechnik im Magnetfeld des Geldes Archived 2015-07-24 at the Wayback Machine. ARD.de, 9 January 2015, retrieved 24 October 2015
- Lida Bach Wahre Luegen kino-zeit.de, 10 March 2011, retrieved 24 October 2015
- The Indie Fest Winners July 2010 The Indie Fest Film Awards, undated, retrieved 27 October 2015
- Scientists Under Attack: Genetic Engineering in the Magnetic Field of Money on IMDb
- Official Website in English
|This article about a scientific documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|