Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Tibor Braun|
Scientometrics is a peer-reviewed academic journal in the field of scientometrics. The journal publishes original studies, short communications, preliminary reports, review papers, letters to the editor and book reviews on scientometrics. It is published by Akadémiai Kiadó (not an "academy" in the sense of learned society, but an editing house) and Springer Science+Business Media and was established in 1978. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2015 impact factor of 2.084.
Abstracting and indexing
This journal is indexed by the following services:
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition,
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- Social Science Citation Index
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
Librarian Jeffrey Beall reports that the editor of Scientometrics initially reacted indifferently to the discovery of extended word-for-word plagiarism in a 2013 article. The authors in question had copied material from a source and provided a citation, but had not used quotation marks. The article was ultimately retracted.
- "Scientometrics". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.
- RETRACTED ARTICLE: Educational reforms and internationalization of universities: evidence from major regions of the world.
- Derek John de Solla Price Medal of the journal Scientometrics; International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics