|Edited by||Wolfgang Glänzel|
Scientometrics is a peer-reviewed academic journal in the field of scientometrics. The journal publishes original studies, short communications, preliminary reports, review papers, letters to the editor and book reviews on scientometrics. It is published by Akadémiai Kiadó and Springer Science+Business Media and was established in 1978. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2016 impact factor of 2.147.
Abstracting and indexing
This journal is indexed by the following services:
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition,
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- Social Science Citation Index
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
Librarian Jeffrey Beall reports that the editor of Scientometrics initially reacted indifferently to the discovery of extended word-for-word plagiarism in a 2013 article. The authors in question had copied material from a source and provided a citation, but had not used quotation marks. The article was ultimately retracted.
- Derek John de Solla Price Medal of the journal Scientometrics; International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics