|Named for||George Adam Scircle|
|Elevation||928 ft (283 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||443130|
Scircleville was platted in 1873 by George Adam Scircle and became a small local trade center. Josiah Drake opened its first general store and John Scircle the first drug store. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries Scircleville was home to a number of lodges and fraternal organizations including the GAR, Odd Fellows, Red Men and Masons.
The Scircleville post office was established in 1875.
Scircleville is located at, in central Indiana.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Hook, J. N. (10 June 2014). All Those Wonderful Names. Open Road Media. p. 272. ISBN 978-1-4976-1186-3.
- Claybaugh, Joseph (1913). History of Clinton County, Indiana. Indianapolis: A. W. Bowen & Company. p. 32.
- "Clinton County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
|This Clinton County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|