Scone railway station
Southbound view in November 2006
|Location||Susan Street, Scone
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||314.66 kilometres from Central|
|Opened||17 April 1871|
The station has one platform and a passing loop. The original John Whitton 1871 brick building remains. In June 2014, the layout was reconfigured with the former loop becoming the main line and the platform line the loop.
Platforms & services
Hunter line services usually terminate at the southern end of the platform which is slightly raised. Xplorers use the full platform.
|1||terminating services to & from Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
|services to Armidale/Moree and Sydney Central|||
- Scone Station NSWrail.net
- Scone Railway Precinct NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Scone reconfiguration" Railway Digest August 2014 page 13
- "Hunter line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 18 April 2015.
- "North West timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 20 October 2013.
- "CityRail train service extended to Scone" Railway Digest October 1990 page 342