Scooby-Doo! Adventures: The Mystery Map
|Scooby-Doo! Adventures: The Mystery Map|
|Directed by||Jomac Noph|
|Produced by||David & Adam Rudman|
|Screenplay by||Tosh E. Maab|
|Based on||characters created
|Music by||Terry Fryer|
|Distributed by||Warner Home Video|
Scooby-Doo! Adventures: The Mystery Map is a direct-to-video production of Scooby-Doo, this time featuring puppets. It premiered on July 21, 2013 at San Diego Comic-Con International, and was released on July 23, 2013 as a digital download and as a Walmart-exclusive DVD. It was released everywhere on DVD as of February 11, 2014.
The puppets themselves are based on the main characters' design from A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.
|This section requires expansion. (December 2013)|
The Scooby Gang is little and hanging out in their tree house. Fred is lifting weights talking to himself in the mirror, Velma is using her computer, and Daphne is looking at her shoes and orders them to be lined up. Then Shaggy orders a pizza. The gang denies eating the pizza when it arrives. Then Scooby finds a rolled up map in his slice of pizza. The gang sets out to find the treasure of Gnarlybeard the Pirate. On the adventure they encounter Phantom Parrot and Gnarlybeard the Pirate, among others. The gang uncovers the missing treasure chest and is surprised by the contents.
- Eric Jacobson as Shaggy Rogers
- Matt Vogel as Fred Jones
- Stephanie D'Abruzzo as Velma Dinkley, Shirley
- Alice Dinnean as Daphne Blake, Dr. Escobar
- Peter Linz as Phantom Parrot, Gnarlybeard, Stu, Lighthouse Lou
- David Rudman as Scooby-Doo
Additional Puppets performed by Paul McGinnis
- Frank Welker as Scooby-Doo, Fred Jones (voices)
- Matthew Lillard as Shaggy Rogers (voice)
- Stephanie D'Abruzzo as Velma Dinkley, Shirley (voices)
- Grey DeLisle Griffin as Daphne, Dr. Escobar (voices)
- John Rhys-Davies as Gnarlybeard (voice)
- Dee Bradley Baker as Ye Phantom Parrot, Stu (voices)
- Jeff Bennett as Lighthouse Lou, Hot Dog Vendor (voices)
- "Here Comes Summer" (Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare)
- "Dig It" (Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur)
- "Scooby-Doo: Abracadabra Doo" (Scooby-Doo! Abracadabra-Doo)
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2014)|
Reception for the film was mixed with many praising the cast returning to junior high students from the earlier incarnation A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, while others criticized the plot, storytelling, and puppetry acting.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
- Scooby-Doo! Abracadabra-Doo
- Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare
- Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur
- Amidi, Amid (July 9, 2013). "Your Guide to Animation Events at San Diego Comic-Con (Days 3 and 4)". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Lipp, Chaz (February 15, 2014). "DVD Review: Scooby-Doo! Adventures: The Mystery Map". The Morton Report. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
|This film article about a 2010s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|