|Traded as||Euronext: SCR
CAC Next 20 Component
|Denis Kessler (Chairman and CEO)|
|Services||Reinsurance, asset management|
|Revenue||€13.8 billion (2016)|
|€951 million (2016)|
|Profit||€603 million (2016)|
|Total assets||€26.6 billion (2016)|
|Total equity||€6.7 billion (end 2016)|
Number of employees
SCOR is tier 1 reinsurance company providing Property and Casualty (P&C) and Life reinsurance solutions to its clients. Created in 1970 with the backing of the French government its original name was Société Commerciale de Réassurance, hence SCOR. The SE means it is a "Societas Europaea" or European Society. In 2007, it became the first French listed company to use the "SE" acronym in its name.
The main companies of SCOR SE (officially typeset SCOR) include SCOR Global P&C, which provides property and casualty reinsurance, SCOR Global Life, which provides life reinsurance, and SCOR Global Investments, an asset management company.
The firm became the world's fourth-largest reinsurer with the EUR 13.4 billion gross written premiums underwritten in 2015.
- "SCOR Essentials". Scor. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "A triple-engine Group". Scor.com. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- Jack W. Plunkett. Plunkett's insurance industry almanac. Plunkett Research, Ltd. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- Dirk Van Gerven, Paul M. Storm (2008). The European Company. Cambridge University Press. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "Scor SE (SCR.S) Company Profile". Reuters. Retrieved 1 June 2011.