ScoreCloud Studio 3.0.2 running on OS X
|Platform||Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, iPhone, iPad|
|Type||Music notation software|
ScoreCloud is a software service concerning music notation created by DoReMIR for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, iPhone and iPad. It is furthermore a web application for sheet music storing and sharing. The core functionality of the service is the automatic creation of music notation directly from music performance or recordings. E.g. recorded from a performer singing, playing an instrument or for best results from a MIDI keyboard.
ScoreCloud comes in two varieties – ScoreCloud Studio and ScoreCloud Express. Studio is an application software available for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows and contains full editing capabilities, as provided by common music notation software. Express is a mobile app available for iPhone and iPad and contains simplified editing capabilities.
Other software provides funcionality to either record audio, or transcribe audio to midi, or import midi to transform it to sheet music, or to share sheet music online. While you can combine such software as a tool chain, ScoreCloud is the only service offering all steps at once. That might be its unique selling proposition. ScoreCloud's ability to transcribe real-time MIDI input into sheet music has been praised in the British music technology magazine Sound on Sound.
DoReMIR Music Research AB is a Musical Intelligence Company based in Stockholm, Sweden. The company's name is derived from the syllables "do, re, mi" in solmization (solfège) and the abbreviation of Music Information Retrieval (MIR) – a computer science field where it is tried to automatically extract information out of audio music signals.
The company has been founded by Sven Ahlbäck, Professor at Royal College of Music in Stockholm and Sven Emtell. Its self-declared mission is to "make music creation and communication easier through advanced technology based on music intelligence”.
- 1995: Sven Ahlbäck presents his doctoral thesis. The subject of the thesis was to try to create a model for how much we understand a musical structure as human beings and which cognitive abilities all human beings share. Ahlbäck's research showed that we all actually understand music on a deeper organized level involving more than just the element of chance or pure emotions.
- 1994 – 1995: Sven Emtell, MSc at the Royal Institute of Technology started together with Sven Ahlbäck to analyse on how to realize the music cognition model digitally, but for different reasons the project ended.
- 2008: Sven Ahlbäck and Sven Emtell meet again and decide to continue with the project.
- 2011: The first BETA version of ScoreCleaner is available.
- 2013: ScoreCleaner is launched in Europe, Asia and the United States.
- 2013: Gold and Silver medals at Cannes Lions Festival in June.
- 2014: ScoreCleaner changes name to ScoreCloud.
- "Use Scorecloud with your voice". Doremir.
- "Use Scorecloud with an instrument". Doremir.
- Cohen, Reuven. "New app allows anyone to create musical scores by humming or singing - no instruments required". Forbes.com.
- Inglis, Sam. "DoReMIR’s unique program helps to bridge the gap between performance and musical score – and it’s free!". Sound On Sound. SOS Publications. January 2015
- Glass, Nick. "Is this Google Translate for Music". CNN.com.
- KMH. "Music Scholarship and investment to Sven Ahlbäck". KMH.se. Kungliga Musikhögskolan.
- "Cannes Lions award Gold Prize 2013 to Doremir". Mobile Thinking.
- Helander, Magnus. "Succé i Cannes för Doremir". Resumé.
- "ScoreCloud web site". www.scorecloud.com.
- "Explore Music Scores". my.scorecloud.com.
- Glass, Nick. "Is this Google Translate for Music". CNN International.
- Cohen, Reuven. "Anyone Can Be a Composer". Forbes.
- Piepenburg, Erik. "When Life Is a Musical". The New York Times.
- Krasny, Jill. "The App that turns you inte Beethoven". Inc.com / Business Insider.
- Feinberg, Ashley. "Instantly Compose Whatever Tune Pops Into Your Head". Gizmodo.
- Houston, David. "Record your musical ideas with ScoreCloud". exQlusiv Magazine.
- S, Mats. "App Converts Songs to MIDI". Studio.
- Diaz, Adolfo. "Transcribe your Musical Ideas with ScoreCloud". IDG.
- Andersen, David. "Doremir Noterar Din Musik". Entreprenör. Retrieved 2014.
- "Spring News TV Thailand (at 03:10min)". Spring News TV.
- "Bertai TV (at 44:00min)". Bertai TV.