This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Peque Gallaga|
|Produced by||Lily Y. Monteverde|
|Written by||T.E. Pagaspas
Anna Marie Gutierrez
|Music by||Jaime Fabregas|
|Edited by||Jess Navarro|
|Distributed by||Regal Films|
|Language||Tagalog / Filipino|
Scorpio Nights is a 1985 Filipino erotic drama film by director Peque Gallaga. It is about a love affair between a young man and a married woman who become entangled by their uncontrolled urge to make love. The film was controversial, but played a key role in defining Filipino erotic films of its decade.
The story is of a forbidden love affair between a college student (Daniel Fernando) and an unfaithful housewife (Ana Marie Gutierrez).
The film is set in a shabby apartment where a student resides above the room of a security guard and his wife. Every day, the husband goes home, eats his dinner, washes the dishes, goes straight to bed and makes love with his wife. The student plays Peeping Tom and every night observes through a hole in his floorboard. Unable to control his urges, he goes to the room of the wife where he does the same things that the girl's husband does to her with no resistance. The two perform the act repeatedly until they fall in love with each other. The security guard husband finds out that his wife is cheating on him, when one day he walks in on them while they are having sex, and shoots them both; he then shoots himself.
The film is considered one of the most controversial and important Filipino films of its time. Not only is the movie provocative but it has also been commended for its social relevance. Set towards the beginning of the end of the Marcos regime, it portrayed the chaotic economy of those years, when Ninoy Aquino's assassination was still very much talked about.
2001 Korean film Summertime is based on this movie.
An unrelated sequel, Scorpio Nights 2, was made in 1999, produced by Gallaga and directed by Erik Matti. It starred Albert Martinez and Joyce Jimenez the film was also the latest installment after 15 years the film was produced by Viva Films.
- Orestes Ojeda ... security guard
- Anna Marie Gutierrez ... security guard's wife
- Daniel Fernando ... Danny
- Eugene Enriquez ... Genio
- Amanda Amores ... Fely
- Mike Austria ... Mike
- Crispin Medina ... Pen (Barkada)
- Caloy Balasbas ... Tambay (Guitarist- Singer)
- Archie Macababbad ... Chibog
- Arlene Libo-on ... Lanie
- Jhoe Mark Asaytuno ... Taga timpla ng kape
- Paulo Nino Esteban ... Taga Paypay
- Rosauro Q.Dela Cruz ... Barkada
- Lorenzo A. Reyes ... Barkada
- Rafael Salonga ... Barkada
- Madeleine Gallaga ... Fely's Mother
- Peque Gallaga ... Fely's Father
- Mark Salvador ... kawayan king
- Holiday ... Bee Gees
- The Boxer ... Simon and Garfunkel
- I Started A Joke ... Bee Gees
- Boys Do Fall In Love ... Robin Gibb
- Skyline Pigeon ... Elton John
|This article about a film made in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|