|Max. CPU clock rate||800 MHz to 1.7 GHz|
|Instruction set||ARM, Thumb-2|
|Cores||1 or 2|
|L1 cache||32 KiB/32 KiB|
|L2 cache||256 KiB or 512 KiB|
Scorpion is a central processing unit (CPU) core designed by Qualcomm for use in their Snapdragon mobile systems on chips (SoCs). It was designed in-house, but has many architectural similarities with the ARM Cortex-A8 and Cortex-A9 CPU cores.
- 10/12 stage integer pipeline with 2-way decode, 3-way out-of-order speculatively issued superscalar execution
- Pipelined VFPv3 and 128-bit wide NEON (SIMD)
- 3 execution ports
- 32 KB + 32 KB L1 cache
- 256 KB (single-core) or 512 KB (dual-core) L2 cache
- Single or dual-core configuration
- 2.1 DMIPS/MHz
- 65/28 nm process
- Brian Klug; Anand Lal Shimpi (February 21, 2012). "Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (Krait) Performance Preview - 1.5 GHz MSM8960 MDP and Adreno 225 Benchmarks". Anandtech. Retrieved 2013-07-28.