|Look up Scotch in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Scotch most commonly refers to:
- Scotch (adjective), a largely-obsolescent adjective meaning "having to do with Scotland"
- Scotch, old-fashioned name for the indigenous languages of the Scottish people:
- Ulster Scots people ("Scotch-Irish"), ethnic group of people descending from Lowland Scots who migrated to Ulster, in Ireland, and then on to the American colonies
- Scotch whisky, a whisky made in Scotland, which outside Scotland is commonly abbreviated as "Scotch"
Scotch may also refer to:
- Scotch Corner, a junction of the A1 road and the A66 road in North Yorkshire, England
Art, entertainment, and media
- Scotch (band), an Italian disco/pop group during the 1980s
- Scotch (the band), a Dutch partyfolk band known for the striped throusers
- Hopscotch, a children's game
- Scotch Game, a chess opening
Brands and enterprises
- Scotch, a brand name used by 3M until 1996 for recordable media, such as audio cassettes and video cassettes
- Scotch Tape, a commercial brand name for a type of adhesive tape made by 3M
Food and drink
- Butterscotch, a confectionery
- Scotch ale, a type of strong ale found in Scotland and North East England
- Scotch Beef, beef from suckler cattle in Scotland with EU Protected Geographical Status
- Scotch broth, a soup made with mutton, barley, leeks, peas, carrots and swedes (rutabagas)
- Scotch egg, a hard boiled egg served wrapped in sausage meat and breadcrumbs, and fried
- Scotch pancake, a small, sweet pancake
- Scotch pie, a small, double-crust meat pie filled with minced mutton or other meat
Materials and goods
- Scotch, a wedge used to prevent railway vehicles moving in clip and scotch
- Scotch gauge, a narrow gauge of railway used in Scotland and Japan
- Scotch key, pins inserted into holes drilled axially to fix an item such as a gear onto a shaft
- Scotch Roman is a class of 19th century typefaces
- Scotch College (disambiguation), several private schools associated with the Presbyterian Church and/or the Uniting Church, in Australia
- Scotch Mist (disambiguation)
- Scots (disambiguation)
- Scottish (disambiguation)
- All pages with a title containing Scotch
- All pages beginning with "Scotch"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Scotch.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.