Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Scotch in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Scotch most commonly refers to:
- Scotch (adjective), a largely-obsolescent adjective meaning "having to do with Scotland"
- Scotch, old-fashioned name for the indigenous languages of the Scottish people:
- Ulster Scots people ("Scotch-Irish"), ethnic group of people descending from Lowland Scots who migrated to Ulster, in Ireland, and then on to the American colonies
- Scotch whisky, a whisky made in Scotland, which outside Scotland is commonly abbreviated as "Scotch"
Scotch may also refer to:
- Scotch Corner, a junction of the A1 road and the A66 road in North Yorkshire, England
Art, entertainment, and media
- Scotch (band), an Italian disco/pop group during the 1980s
- Hopscotch, a children's game
- Scotch Game, a chess opening
Brands and enterprises
- Scotch, a brand name used by 3M until 1996 for recordable media, such as audio cassettes and video cassettes
- Scotch Tape, a commercial brand name for a type of adhesive tape made by 3M
Food and drink
- Butterscotch, a confectionery
- Scotch ale, a type of strong ale found in Scotland and North East England
- Scotch Beef, beef from suckler cattle in Scotland with EU Protected Geographical Status
- Scotch broth, a soup made with mutton, barley, leeks, peas, carrots and swedes (rutabagas)
- Scotch egg, a hard boiled egg served wrapped in sausage meat and breadcrumbs, and fried
- Scotch pancake, a small, sweet pancake
- Scotch pie, a small, double-crust meat pie filled with minced mutton or other meat
Materials and goods
- Scotch, a wedge used to prevent railway vehicles moving in clip and scotch
- Scotch gauge, a narrow gauge of railway used in Scotland and Japan
- Scotch key, pins inserted into holes drilled axially to fix an item such as a gear onto a shaft
- Scotch Roman is a class of 19th century typefaces
- Scotch College (disambiguation), several private schools associated with the Presbyterian Church and/or the Uniting Church, in Australia
- Scotch Mist (disambiguation)
- Scots (disambiguation)
- Scottish (disambiguation)
- All pages with a title containing Scotch
- All pages beginning with "Scotch"
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Scotch.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.