Scotch Ridge, Ohio
|Scotch Ridge, Ohio|
The former Scotch Ridge United Presbyterian Church
|Elevation||659 ft (201 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||419 & 567|
Scotch Ridge is part of the Eastwood Local School District.
A post office called Scotch Ridge was established in 1850, and remained in operation until 1926. The community derives its name from Scotland, the ancestral home of a large share of the first settlers.
- "Search". Google Maps. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Scotch Ridge, Ohio". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Scotch Ridge, Ohio-Ohio Hometown Locator
- "Post offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 124.
|This Wood County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|