|Born||October 22, 1984|
Denver, Colorado, U.S.
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Scott Beck (born October 22, 1984) is an American film director, producer, and screenwriter born in Denver, Colorado and raised in Bettendorf, Iowa. He co-writes and co-directs with filmmaking partner Bryan Woods. In 2001, Beck and Woods formed Bluebox Films. Together they co-wrote and executive produced A Quiet Place for Paramount Pictures, in addition to writing and directing Spread, a scripted pilot for MTV, and Nightlight, a supernatural thriller for Lionsgate and Herrick Entertainment.
In 2016, Beck and Woods sold their original screenplay for A Quiet Place to Paramount Pictures. The film, executive produced by Beck, Woods, Michael Bay and Platinum Dunes, stars Emily Blunt and John Krasinski, the latter of who also directed and re-wrote the script. Paramount subsequently signed Beck and Woods to a blind script deal for a second project they will write and direct. A Quiet Place was released in April 2018 to critical acclaim with an approval rating of 95% and became a major box office hit, grossing over $330 million worldwide.
The duo also wrote and directed the thriller Haunt, produced by Eli Roth and Sierra/Affinity. In June 2018, Beck and Woods signed on to adapt and executive produce Stephen King's short story The Boogeyman for 20th Century Fox and 21 Laps Entertainment. In the television world, Beck & Woods developed the series Zeroes for Sony Pictures Television and Davis Entertainment, based on the novel by New York Times best-selling author Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan, and Deborah Biancotti.
|2018||A Quiet Place||Yes||Yes|
- Q&A: Directors Scott Beck and Bryan Woods on Shining a “NIGHTLIGHT”
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (2017-03-15). "Emily Blunt & John Krasinski Team For 'A Quiet Place'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2017-08-03.
- "A Quiet Place (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- "A Quiet Place (2018)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (2017-07-07). "'Haunt' Horror Thriller In Works From 'A Quiet Place' Writing Duo". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2017-08-03.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (2018-06-26). "Fox, 21 Laps Scare Up 'The Boogeyman' Deal; 'A Quiet Place' Scribes Beck & Woods Adapt Stephen King Short Story". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2018-07-09.