Scott Dawson (wrestler)
Dawson in April 2016
|Birth name||David Michael Harwood|
June 30, 1984|
Whiteville, North Carolina, United States
|Residence||Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina, United States|
Maria Nickolopoulos (m. 2012)
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Billed weight||223 lb (101 kg)|
|Billed from||Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina|
WWE Performance Center
David Michael Harwood (born June 30, 1984) is an American professional wrestler. He is signed to WWE, where he performs on the Raw brand under the ring name Scott Dawson. Along with Dash Wilder, he is one half of the former two time NXT Tag Team Champions, The Revival.
Professional wrestling career
Early career (2004–2012)
Harwood made his professional wrestling debut in 2004. He wrestled for a variety of independent promotions as KC McKnight, most notably for CWF Mid-Atlantic, AWA Superstars of Wrestling and a number of NWA-affiliated organizations including NWA Anarchy and Pro Wrestling Zero1. In 2010, he made an appearance for Ring of Honor in a dark match prior to ROH The Big Bang!. He also performed as KC McKnight at various North Carolina independents including United Professional Wrestling Association in Wilmington North Carolina. He worked with the likes of Zane and Dave Dawson, Daniel Messina, Charlie Dreamer, Marcus Shields, etc.
Harwood signed with WWE in 2012 and was assigned to the WWE Performance Center, taking the ring name Scott Dawson. He made his television debut on the 7 March 2013 episode of NXT, teaming with Judas Devlin in a two-on-one handicap loss to Adrian Neville. Dawson made a further appearance in an enhancement role on the 10 April episode of NXT, in a six-man tag-team defeat against The Shield.
In May 2013 Dawson formed a tag-team with Garrett Dylan, with the two managed by Sylvester Lefort. On the 26 June episode of NXT Dawson and Dylan lost a number one contender's match for the NXT Tag Team Championship to Corey Graves and Kassius Ohno. The team disbanded shortly afterwards when Dylan was released from the company. Following Dylan's release, Dawson initially worked as a singles competitor with little success and then formed a tag-team with Alexander Rusev, who was also being managed by Lefort. Rusev and Dawson participated unsuccessfully in a contendership battle royal for the NXT Tag Team Championship on the 12 September episode of NXT. Their alliance ended when Rusev turned on Lefort in favor of being managed by Lana, and shortly afterwards Dawson suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament which ruled him out of action for several months.
On his return from injury, Dawson formed a team with Dash Wilder, with the two performing extensively at live events under the name The Mechanics. The duo made their debut on the 31 July 2014 episode of NXT, losing to the team of Bull Dempsey and Mojo Rawley. The duo made only one further televised appearance in 2014, losing to Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady on the 23 October episode of NXT, but continued to wrestle extensively at house shows. On the June 10, 2015 episode of NXT, Dawson faced Samoa Joe in a losing effort during the show's main event.
Dawson and Wilder's team resurfaced and picked up their first televised win on the July 29, 2015 episode of NXT, defeating Amore and Cassady. The duo were involved in an 8-man tag-team match that was taped prior to NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn. At NXT TakeOver: Respect, Dawson and Wilder were defeated in the semi-finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic by eventual winners Finn Bálor and Samoa Joe. On the October 21 episode of NXT, The Mechanics' ring name was changed to Dash and Dawson. On the November 11 episode of NXT, Dawson and Wilder defeated The Vaudevillains to win the NXT Tag Team Championship. They subsequently defended the titles against Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady at NXT TakeOver: London. Beginning in February 2016, the duo began performing under the team name The Revival. Dawson made his WWE main roster debut alongside Wilder at Roadblock, once again defending their NXT Tag Team Championships against Amore and Cassady. On April 1 at NXT TakeOver: Dallas, The Revival lost the NXT Tag Team Championship to American Alpha (Chad Gable and Jason Jordan). but the two won back the titles from American Alpha two months later at NXT TakeOver: The End. At NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II, The Revival retained the titles against Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa. On November 19, 2016 at NXT TakeOver: Toronto The Revival lost the tag team titles in a two out of three falls match to #DIY (Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano). They failed in their attempt at winning back the titles at NXT TakeOver: Orlando on April 1, 2017; in a triple threat tag team elimination match.
On the Raw after WrestleMania 33 April 3 episode of Raw, The Revival answered an open challenge issued by The New Day. The Revival defeated The New Day, and afterwards attacked Kofi Kingston, who was not participating in the match. The team was on hiatus due to Wilder's injury. Wilder returned seven weeks later on the May 22, 2017 episode of Raw, walking backstage during the sneak attack on Enzo Amore, Big Cass would later accuse both Wilder and Dawson as the attackers, but they denied this. Two weeks later, on the Raw after Extreme Rules, The Revival also denied their involvement during the sneak attack on Cass, bringing out another suspect in Big Show, until the June 19, 2017 episode of Raw revealed that The Revival had nothing to do with the attack and that Cass was never attacked, with Corey Graves finally coming to the conclusion that Cass was indeed the culprit behind Enzo's sneak attack after The Revival stated their alibi of being innocent. Wilder returned to in ring competition on the June 26 taping of Main Event aired on June 30, teaming with Dawson to defeat Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows by pinfall, Dawson would have his first pinfall loss to Kalisto the following week.
On August 7, 2017, WWE announced that over the weekend of August 5-6 at a live event in Canada, Dawson suffered an injury to his right bicep in a match against Cesaro and Sheamus. He was out of action for 5 to 6 months. Dawson returned on the December 18th episode of Raw with Wilder to defeat Heath Slater and Rhyno. The Revival participated in the Raw Tag Team Eliminator tournament to crown new champions, but lost in the semi-finals to Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt. At SummerSlam 2018 Pre-show, The Revival lost to Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel in an attempt to become the new Raw Tag Team champions.
In 2012, Harwood married Maria Nickopoulos. Together, they have a daughter, Kayci (born 2014). He resides in North Carolina.
Championships and accomplishments
- American Championship Pro Wrestling
- ACPW Heavyweight Championship
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- NXT Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Dash Wilder
- NXT Year-End Award (2 times)
- "Scott Dawson Profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved August 23, 2015.
- "Scott Dawson". Cagematch. Retrieved October 25, 2010.
- "Scott Dawson (@ScottDawsonWWE)". Twitter. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- "Scott Dawson Profile". WWE. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- "Dash Wilder". Cagematch. Retrieved January 29, 2016.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 3/6: Main Event #1 contender match to NXT Title, Shield delivers a message, Overall Reax" (in Spanish). PWTorch.com. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- Gutteridge, Darren. "J4/11 Gutteridge's NXT Review: William Regal vs. Kassius Ohno, The Shield vs. Axl Keegan, Percy Watson and Scott Dawson, The Funkadactyls vs. The Bella Twins". prowrestling.net. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- Gutteridge, Darren. "6/27 Gutteridge's WWE NXT Review: Kassius Ohno and Corey Graves vs. Scott Dawson and Garrett Dylan, Big E Langston vs. Aiden English, Bo Dallas vs. Mickey Keegan, Leo Kruger vs. Dante Dash, Women's Title Tournament continues". prowrestling.net. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "WWE Releases Son of Hollywood Actor, JR Comments on The Rock Possibly Returning to the Ring - Wrestlezone". wrestlezone.com. 2013-08-08. Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- Johnson, Mike. "WWE NXT INJURY UPDATES". PWInsider. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- James, Justin. "J JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 6/10 - Week 165: Samoa Joe makes NXT in-ring debut, Joe-Owens set for next week, Zack Ryder in tag action, more; Overall Reax". PWTorch.com. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- Caldwell, James. "4/1 "NXT Takeover: Dallas" Results – CALDWELL'S Complete Live Report". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved April 1, 2016.
- Caldwell, James. "6/8 "NXT Takeover" Results – CALDWELL'S Complete Live Report on "The End"". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved June 8, 2016.
- "Scott Dawson injured". WWE. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2017". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved September 1, 2017.