Scott Gibbons (born March 2, 1969) is an American-born composer and performer of electroacoustic music. His work is notable for its rigorous use of single objects as sole instrumentation (for example Imagined Compositions for Water, which uses only field recordings of bodies of water).
"Gibbons' tendency to understatement is extraordinary. What he shows us seems to be... not the event itself, but the trail." - The Wire
"It's not really possible to say how it sounds, only that it does. Knowing what it sounds like is a particular kind of knowledge that only seems to be useful, or even exist, at the time of hearing itself." - Nicholas Ridout, Performance Research 
"Scott Gibbons' music... feels as if it is happening inside your own head." - The Guardian
- Genesi: from the museum of sleep by Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio (1999) - music and sound for director Romeo Castellucci's landmark piece for theatre.
- Il Combattimento by Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio (2000) - with the Roberto Gini Ensemble
- Scribble by Golan Levin, Scott Gibbons and Gregory Shakar (2000) - a performance on Levin's AVES gestural audio-video synthesis software.
- Subterranean Sky (2001) with George DeMerle
- Dialtones by Golan Levin, Scott Gibbons and Gregory Shakar (2002) - a performance for more than 200 cell phones.
- Tragedia Endogonidia by Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio (2002–04) - music and sound for a series of eleven episodes, eleven video documents, an atlas room and numerous outgrowths.
- Feu d'Artifice by Scott Gibbons and Groupe F (2003) - music arranged and performed using only captured sound and samples of pyrotechnics.
- The Cryonic Chants by Scott Gibbons and Chiara Guidi (2005) - a vocal concert on a text which was formulaically created by a goat.
- Flame Tornado (2005) - with Kevin Binkert
- La Face Cachée du Soleil by Groupe F (2007) - theatre of fire, light and pyrotechnics with music by Laurent Dehors, Scott Gibbons and Eric Travers.
- La Flamme de mes Rêves (Lux Populi ep. 1) by Groupe F (2008) - theatre of fire, light and pyrotechnics with music by Scott Gibbons.
- des Paysages by Groupe F (2008) - theatre of fire, light and pyrotechnics with music by Scott Gibbons.
- Inferno, Purgatorio, Paradiso by Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio (2008) - trilogy freely inspired by the Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri, with original music by Scott Gibbons with the Hilliard Ensemble
- J. Sul concetto di volto nel Figlio di Dio by Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio (2010)
- Les Noces Royales de Louis XIV by Groupe F (2010)
- L'Autre Monde by Groupe F (2010)
- The Four Seasons Restaurant by Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio (2013)
- Ulysse au Pays des Merveilles by Groupe F (2013)
- The Breath of the Volcano by Groupe F (2013) - with Richard Nunns & Paddy Free
- Go Down, Moses by Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio (2014)
- Unheard : Sonic arrangements from the microcosmos by Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio (2014)
- A Fleur de Peaux by Groupe F (2014)
- Le Magicien d'Eau by Groupe F (2014)
- Le Sacre du Printemps by Romeo Castellucci (2014) - with Teodor Currentzis
- Orestea (una commedia organica?) by Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio (2015
- Skin of Fire by Groupe F (2015)
- Des Mondes Magiques by Groupe F (2015)
- The Minister's Black Veil by Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio (2016)
- Feux Gaulois by Groupe F (2016)
- Democracy In America by Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio (2017)
- Whist by AΦE (2017) - with Jozef Van Wissem
- 1987: Nipple runs. (White Noise)
- 1988: Ripped nuns. (White Noise)
- 1990: The Taboos of the Lashing Creeper by Lilith (Ladd-Frith)
- 1991: Some Modes of Probability by Lilith (White Noise)
- 1991: Mantle by Lilith (White Noise)
- 1992: Stone by Lilith (Sub Rosa)
- 1994: Orgazio by Lilith (Sub Rosa)
- 1995: Redwing by Lilith (Sub Rosa)
- 1998: Orbitronik by Orbitronik (World Domination Records)
- 1999: My Computer My Stereo by Orbitronik (Thousand)
- 1999: Unplugged by Orbitronik (Ladd-Frith)
- 1999: Field Notes by Lilith (World Domination Records)
- 2002: Dialtones by Levin/Gibbons/Shakar (Staalplaat)
- 2002: Imagined Compositions for Water by Lilith (Disques Hushush)
- 2002: Strawberry by Strawberry (Taigkyo)
- 2007: Tragedia Summa by Scott Gibbons (Rarovideo)
- 2008: The Cryonic Chants by Scott Gibbons & Chiara Guidi (KML Recordings/Sonic Invaders)
- Nicholas Ridout, 'Two Parrots and an Answering Machine: Some Problems with Knowledge and Memory' Performance Research 7(4), 2002, pp. 42-47
- Lyn Gardner, 'Tragedia Endogonidia' The Guardian May 15, 2004