Scott J. Jones
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He met his wife, Mary Lou Reece, while a student at the University of Kansas, and they were married 18 August 1979. She is the President of Reece Construction Company, with offices in Scandia, Kansas; Salina, Kansas; and Prosper, Texas. The couple have three children: Jameson (a student at Stanford University), Arthur and Marynell. All three are graduates of the University of Kansas. Arthur finished a Degree at Duke Divinity School and is an ordained elder in the North Texas Chapter of The United Methodist Church. He is also the lead preacher at The Well, a contemporary service at St. Andrew United Methodist Church in Plano, Texas.
Jones earned a B.A. degree in philosophy at the University of Kansas (1977 with highest honors). He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He earned an M.Th. degree at Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University (1981 with high honors). Jones's Ph.D. is also from Southern Methodist University, which he earned in 1992 in Religious Studies.
Bishop Jones was elected by the South Central Jurisdictional Conference of the U.M.C. in July 2004. He was endorsed for election by the North Texas Conference Delegation to the South Central Jurisdictional Conference. He was assigned to the Kansas Episcopal Area, with offices in Wichita, Kansas.
- John Wesley's Conception and Use of Scripture, Nashville, Kingswood Books/Abingdon, 1995.
- Wesley and the Quadrilateral: Renewing the Conversation (with S. Gunter, T. Campbell, R. Miles and R. Maddox), Nashville, Abingdon, 1997.
- United Methodist Doctrine: The Extreme Center, Nashville, Abingdon, 2002.
- The Evangelistic Love of God and Neighbor: A Theology of Witness and Discipleship, Nashville, Abingdon, 2003. ISBN 0-687-04614-9
- Bishop Jones' Official Biography
- A 2004 Photo of Bishop Jones
- Bishop Jones' page at Kansas East Annual Conference Website
- Bishop Jones' page at Kansas West Annual Conference Website
- InfoServ, the official information service of The United Methodist Church
- The Council of Bishops of the United Methodist Church