Scott Mayfield (born October 14, 1992) is an American ice hockey player who is currently playing with the New York Islanders of the National Hockey League (NHL).
Mayfield played two seasons with the Youngstown Phantoms of the United States Hockey League (USHL) from 2009–2011 and was selected to the 2010–11 USHL Eastern Conference All-Star team. Mayfield committed to play for the University of Denver Pioneers which compete in the WCHA. He was selected 34th overall by the New York Islanders in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, and on April 5, 2013, agreed to terms on a 3-year entry-level contract with the team.
On April 6, 2014, Mayfield made his NHL debut, skating 17:04 with the Islanders in a 4-0 loss against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Awards and honors
- ^ Staff (February 22, 2011). "Mayfield, Strang of Phantoms named all-stars". The Vindicator. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- ^ "Youngstown Prospect Commits to Denver". USHL. August 4, 2009. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- ^ "Mayfield Makes The Jump". New York Islanders. April 6, 2013. Retrieved April 6, 2013.
- ^ "Bobrovsky makes 31 saves as Blue Jackets beat Islanders". thespec.com. 2014-04-06. Retrieved 2014-04-06.
- ^ "Blue Jackets topple Islanders". National Hockey League. 2014-04-06. Retrieved 2014-04-06.
- ^ Staff (November 15, 2010). "Scott Mayfield Named Junior 'A' Challenge MVP, USA Claims Gold Medal". Our Sports Central. Retrieved June 25, 2011.