This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Scott Mead is an American-born fine art photographer, philanthropist and investor living in London. He was a partner and managing director at Goldman Sachs and currently serves as chair of the board of Trustees of The Photographers' Gallery in London.
Goldman Sachs career
Mead began his career in banking and started working for Goldman Sachs in 1986. He was transferred to London as part of his role and became partner and managing director. During his time at Goldman Sachs he was an advisor for Vodafone's takeover of Mannesmann.
Fine art photography and the photographer's gallery
Mead's work has been exhibited at Hamiltons Gallery in London during September 2010 and at the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition since 2011. He became a chairman of the board of Trustees of The Photographers' Gallery in London in November 2013. Since May 2011, he has been a Trustee of the International Center of Photography in New York.
In 2008, he established the "Scott Mead '77 Family Head Coach" to support Harvard Men's Tennis team. That same year, Mead was part of a group of investors who bought the Boston Celtics. He also served on the Global Advisory Council of the Women's Tennis Association Tour since 2004. He also serves as Chairman of the Trustees of Queens Club.
Mead Family Foundation and selected boards
Mead is the Founder and chairman of the Mead Family Foundation, which supports medical research, education, the arts and athletics. Mead serves as a member of the Executive Committee for the Tate Foundation and is a member of the Tate Photography Acquisitions Committee.
He is a Charter Trustee of Phillips Academy and Chairman of the Audit committee. Mead was also a member of the Advisory board of Judge Business School and a member of the board of Usher's New Look Foundation.
- "Schlussspurt ohne Scott Mead". Manager Magazin Online (in German). June 9, 2004.
- "Now they're targeting the silver-spoon brigade". The Telegraph. August 12, 2010.
- "Scott Mead announced as new chairman of The Photographers' Gallery". The Photographers' Gallery. November 4, 2013.
- "International Center of Photography Board Elects New Trustees" (PDF). International Center of Photography.
- "Harvard announces Scott Mead '77 Family Head Coach for Men's Tennis". Harvard Gazette. September 18, 2008.
- "Not all investors are a basket case". The Telegraph. June 19, 2008.
- "Global Advisory Council". WTA.
- "Membership of the Tate Board's Councils and Committees". The Tate.
- "Charter Trustee: Scott Mead '73".
- "Mead mixes profits and philanthropy". E Financial News. March 28, 2011.
- "UK Advisory Board". Room to Read.