Scott Moore (baseball)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Moore with the Memphis Redbirds, the AAA affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals
November 17, 1983 |
Long Beach, California
|September 4, 2006, for the Chicago Cubs|
(through 2012 season)
|Runs batted in||53|
Scott Alanboyd Moore (born November 17, 1983) is an American professional baseball infielder who is currently a free agent. He played with the St. Louis Cardinals organization until his release in May 2015. He has played in Major League Baseball for the Chicago Cubs, Baltimore Orioles and Houston Astros.
Moore was sent to the Chicago Cubs as one of four players traded for pitcher Kyle Farnsworth in 2005. Moore made his major league debut on September 4, 2006, against the Pittsburgh Pirates. He was called up again on July 20, 2007 to start at first base against the Arizona Diamondbacks after a suspended Derrek Lee and an injured Daryle Ward left the Cubs in need of a first baseman.
Second stint with the Chicago Cubs
The Houston Astros signed Moore to a minor league contract on November 15, 2011. After beginning the year with the Triple-A Oklahoma City Redhawks (now the Oklahoma City Dodgers), Moore was called up at the end of June, and spent the rest of the season with the Astros. In 72 games with them, Moore hit .259 with 9 HR and 26 RBI.
On November 29, 2012, Moore signed a minor league deal with the Oakland Athletics that included an invitation to Spring Training. Moore began the year with Triple-A Sacramento. In 80 games, he hit .276 with 11 HR and 56 RBI before being released on July 19 and signing with the San Diego Padres later that day.
San Diego Padres
St. Louis Cardinals
- Beck, Jason (4 June 2002). "Tigers select Moore with first pick". MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Retrieved 5 August 2012. Check date values in:
|year= / |date= mismatch(help)
- "Orioles sign Ty Wigginton," Baltimore Orioles Press Release, Tuesday, February 10, 2009.
- McTaggart, Brian (November 29, 2012). "A’s sign Scott Moore". MLBlogs.
- Adams, Steve (July 19, 2013). "Minor Moves: Herrera, Rodriguez, Moore". MLB Trade Rumors.
- KFFL Staff (November 8, 2013). "Fantasy Baseball Daily Offseason Update: Friday, Nov. 8". KFFL.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Scott Moore (baseball).|