||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
Murawski performing at MassMoCA, April 2014
|Born||October 21, 1956|
|Instruments||Guitar, Bass, Drums|
|Associated acts||Max Creek
|Languedoc Electric Guitar, Ibanez MC350-NT Musician|
Scott Peter Murawski (born October 21, 1956 in Agawam, Massachusetts) is an American multi-instrumentalist, specializing on the electric guitar. He has achieved fame primarily on guitar with the American rock band Max Creek. He is also a proficient pianist, bassist and drummer.
Max Creek was formed in 1971. In 1972, founding member Dave Reed invited one of his music students, 15-year-old Scott Murawski, to sit in with the band. Scott's early original association with the band ended abruptly when he was banned from a club that the band played at regularly for drinking a beer. Months later, Mark Mercier was added to the lineup on keyboards and Scott was invited back to play guitar. Eventually, Dave left the band to pursue country rock and acoustic ragtime music, cementing Murawski as the band's permanent lead guitarist.
Official Live Releases
- August 29, 2008 – Fox Theatre, Boulder, CO (Released at LivePhish.com)
- October 3, 2009 – Town Ballroom, Buffalo, NY (Released at LivePhish.com)
- November 26, 2010 – Port City Music Hall, Portland, ME (Released March 4, 2011 at LivePhish.com)
- November 16, 2010 – The Fine Line Music Cafe, Minneapolis, MN (Released March 4, 2011 at LivePhish.com)
- The Egg" - Recorded Live December 11, 2011 at The Egg, Albany, NY (Released April 30, 2013 at LivePhish.com)
- Vancouver" - Recorded Live March 22, 2014 at The Rio Theatre, Vancouver, BC, Canada (Released December 4, 2014 at LivePhish.com)
- Budnick, Dean (1998). Jam Bands: North America's Hottest Live Groups Plus How to Tape and Trade Their Shows. ECW Press. pp. 162–163. ISBN 9781550223538.
|This article about a United States guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|