10 June 1978 |
Islington, London, England
|Notable work||Beautiful Thing (1996)
The Bill (1997–99; 2002–03)
Scott Neal (born 10 June 1978) is a British actor.
He entered the Anna Scher Theatre School in 1989. He debuted in The Listening on Channel Four. He has participated in other TV shows such as EastEnders, Bramwell, Prime Suspect, and London's Burning. He later became a regular appearance on the British television police drama The Bill, playing PC Luke Ashton, a character coming to terms with his own sexuality. PC Ashton and Sgt. Craig Gilmore, played by Hywel Simons, shared the first romantic gay kiss between uniformed police officers on British television's ITV (Episode #37 on 22 August 2002), prompting 160 complaints.
He is widely recognized for having appeared in the 1996 gay drama film Beautiful Thing, where he played an abused teenager who falls for the unpopular boy next door played by Glen Berry, also a student at Anna Scher Theatre School. Scott Neal is featured in Isolation and portrays Charlie, the lead male character in The Wonderland Experience, a feature film directed by Ben Hardyment and shot on location in southern India. In addition, he has participated in the plays Yours Fondly, Zekk Baxter and Morning Glory (2001) as well as in the musical Last Song of the Nightingale (2001).
- 2015: EastEnders .... Jason Adams
- 2012: Crime Stories .... Andrew Frank
- 2012: Emmerdale .... Solicitor
- 2011: We Need to Talk About Kieran .... Alistair
- 2010: Hollyoaks .... Trevor (a.k.a. Alphonse)
- 2010: Emmerdale .... Solicitor (1 episode)
- 2008: Emmerdale .... Bob Hope's Solicitor (1 episode, 2008)
- 2006: Tug of War .... Max
- 2002-2003: The Bill .... PC Luke Ashton
- 2002: The Wonderland Experience .... Charlie
- 2001: London's Burning .... Luke Jones (5 episodes, 2001)
- 1997-1999: The Bill .... PC Luke Ashton
- 1996: Beautiful Thing .... Ste Pearce
- 1996: The Bill .... Ryan Keating
- 1995: London's Burning .... Neil
- 1995: The Bill .... Carl Simms
- 1995: The Smiths (TV) .... Wayne Smith
- 1995: Bramwell .... Wilf (1 episode, 1995)
- 1995: Prime Suspect (TV) .... Geoff
- 1991: The Listening TV series
- October 2015 EastEnders
- 08|02|2003: The Saturday Show, BBC One (on-screen participant)
- 25|01|2003: SM:TV, ITV 1 (guest star)
- 25|09|1999: Lily Savage's Blankety Blank, BBC One (on-screen participant)
- 24|10|1998: The VIBE, Channel 4 (on-screen participant)
- 16|02|1998: Light Lunch, Channel 4 (on-screen participant)
- Chris Hughes (2004-03-01). "Gay Kiss On The Archers". The Mirror. p. 7.
- Burrow, Lisa (1998-02-15). "'Ello 'Ello 'Ello To The Brand New Bill Boys". The People.
When he was just 17, Scott became a gay icon after appearing in Beautiful Thing - a film about two teenage lads from a low-rise estate in South London who fall in love. 'I did get a lot of attention for that film,' says Scott, who's quick to point out that he's a red-blooded heterosexual. 'It was nerve-racking at the time. But at the end of the day it was just a job.'
- "Inside Soap Meets The Producers - Hollyoaks". Inside Soap. (Hachette Filipacchi UK). September 2010. p. 44.