Robert Scott Paulin
February 13, 1950
|Residence||Columbus, Ohio, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Ohio State University|
|Relatives||Wendell K. Phillips (step-father)|
Scott Paulin (born February 13, 1950), is an American film and television actor and director. He is perhaps best known for playing Deke Slayton in the film The Right Stuff (1983). He has also acted in films like Cat People (1982), Teen Wolf (1985), The Accused (1988), Turner & Hooch (1989), and I Am Sam (2001). He also portrayed Red Skull in Captain America (1990).
Paulin was born on February 13, 1950 with the full name Robert Scott Paulin. His birth home was in Steubenville, Ohio. He attended Steubenville High School from 1964 to 1969. He studied theatre and enjoyed both acting and directing stage plays throughout high school and university. His step-father is actor Wendell K. Phillips.
He graduated from high school on June 22, 1969, and later attended Ohio State University and studied theatre and music.
Since 1981, Paulin has been married to Wendy Phillips. The couple has one child, a daughter Virginia "Jenny" Dare Paulin. Paulin and his wife currently live in Columbus, Ohio, the same state in which Scott Paulin was born.
Paulin first guest starred on several television series during the late-1970s and early-1980s, including two episodes of St. Elsewhere in 1981. He gained notice appearing in the television film Vampire. He got his big break in 1983, with a supporting role in the widely acclaimed space film The Right Stuff, for which he played astronaut Deke Slayton. He has since appeared in over 100 credits.
- Benson, Sheila (December 8, 2016). "Our original film review of 'The Right Stuff' holds clues for John Glenn's path to senator". latimes.com. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "'The Right Stuff': THR's 1983 Review". The Hollywood Reporter. October 21, 2016. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "Cat People". BBC. December 1, 1969. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Maltin, L. (2014). Leonard Maltin's 2015 Movie Guide. Penguin Publishing Group. p. 2336. ISBN 978-0-698-18361-2. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "Scott Paulin – Biography and Filmography – 1950". Hollywood.com. February 5, 2015. Retrieved April 25, 2017.