Scott Peterson (comics)
|Scott Peterson (comics)|
|Born||December 9, 1968|
|Batman: Gotham Adventures|
Peterson joined the staff of DC Comics as the assistant of Dennis O'Neil in 1991. He worked as an editor of Batman-related titles from 1991–1998 and spent eight years as a freelance writer of comic books and children's books before returning to the editor's desk at WildStorm in July, 2006.
During his years at DC Comics, Peterson edited such titles as Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Batman: Black & White, Nightwing, and The Batman Adventures, including the Eisner and Harvey Award-winning Mad Love by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm. Along with Dennis O'Neil, Jordan Gorfinkel, and Darren Vincenzo, Peterson was part of the Batman editorial team that developed the No Man's Land storyline conceived by Jordan B. Gorfinkel in 1998.
Between 1999-2003 he wrote 42 issues of Batman: Gotham Adventures, a monthly comic book aimed at young readers, pencilled by Canadian artist Tim Levins. In 2000, Peterson was the co-writer, along with Kelley Puckett, of DC's first ongoing Batgirl comic book series.
- The True Story of Batman (Golden Books, 1995).
- Scholastic Reader Level 3: Batman #8: The Story Of Batman (Scholastic, 2006).
- Disney Classic Cartoon Tales (Disney Press, 2005).
- Disney Out of This World Cartoon Tales (Disney Press, 2005).
- Disney Splashtacular Cartoon Tales (Disney Press, 2006).
- Disney Royally Enchanted Cartoon Tales (Disney Press, 2006).
- "Disney Phineas and Ferb: Guide To Life" (Disney Press, 2011).
- Comic books
- Showcase '94 #12 Oracle, pencilled by Brian Stelfreeze (DC Comics, 1994).
- Underworld Unleashed: Abyss-Hell's Sentinel, pencilled by Phil Jimenez (DC Comics, 1995).
- Batman: Gotham Adventures #15-30, 32, 34-50, 52-57, 59-60, pencilled by Tim Levins (DC Comics, 1999–2003).
- Batgirl: Vol. 1: "Silent Running" (DC Comics, 2000).
- Scooby-Doo #109, 111, 118, 136-137 (DC Comics, 2006–2008).
- Video games (storyline and cut scenes)
- 1997 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - Nominee - Best Editor: (for Batman: Black and White [DC Comics])
- Melissa Wiley (December 11, 2008). "Snippets, Because That's All I've Got a Brain For". Here in the Bonny Glen.
- Podcast of WildStorm panel at San Diego Comic-Con July 2006
- Scott Peterson at the Comic Book DB
- The DC Comics Guide to Writing Comics, Dennis O'Neil (Watson-Guphill Publications, 2001), p. 105.
- "Release Information for Xbox". GameFAQs.