Rosenberg at the 2010 WonderCon
April 24, 1963 |
Needham, Massachusetts, USA
|Occupation||Actor, screenwriter, film producer|
Scott Rosenberg (born April 24, 1963) is an American actor, screenwriter and film producer.
Life and career
Rosenberg was born in Needham, Massachusetts. After high school graduation in 1981, he attended Boston University, from which he received his Bachelor's Degree in 1985. He earned his MFA from UCLA. His screenwriting credits include major motion pictures such as Con Air, High Fidelity and Gone in 60 Seconds.
During production of the film Domestic Disturbance in April 2001, Rosenberg was arrested along with actor Vince Vaughn after a bar brawl in Wilmington, North Carolina. The scuffle broke out at the Firebelly Lounge, where actor Steve Buscemi had been stabbed in the face, throat, and arm.
"It was the worst winter ever in this small hometown. Snow plows were coming by, and I was just tired of writing these movies with people getting shot and killed. So I said, 'There is more action going on in my hometown with my friends dealing with the fact that they can't deal with turning 30 or with commitment' – all that became Beautiful Girls."
- Tales from the Crypt (1989–1996) (TV)
- Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead (1995)
- Beautiful Girls (1996)
- Con Air (1997)
- Disturbing Behavior (1998)
- High Fidelity (with D.V. DeVincentis, Steve Pink, and John Cusack) (1998)
- Armageddon (1998) (uncredited)
- The General's Daughter (1999) (uncredited)
- Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)
- Going to California (2001) (TV) (also Creator)
- Spider-Man (2002) (uncredited)
- Domestic Disturbance (2001) (uncredited)
- Impostor (2002)
- Highway (2002)
- Kangaroo Jack (2003)
- October Road (2007–2009) (TV) (also Creator)
- Life on Mars (2009) (TV)
- Happy Town (2010) (TV) (also Creator)
- Pain & Gain (2013)
- Jumanji (2017)
- "Scott Rosenberg". bu.edu. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- "Screenwriting MFA". tft.ucla.edu. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- Armstrong, Mark (April 12, 2001). "Buscemi, Vaughn Attacked in Bar Brawl". eonline.com. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- Alexander, Peter. "Scott Rosenberg: Off to a Beautiful Start". The Best Video Guide.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Scott Rosenberg.|
- Scott Rosenberg at the Internet Movie Database
- The Dialogue: Learn from the Masters Interview
- Scott Rosenberg at Library of Congress Authorities
WARNING: Scott Rosenberg at LC Authorities is an unresolved name with catalog records for three works by this screenwriter, published 1995 to 2000, and others by Scott Rosenberg, born 1959.