|Born||May 12, 1968|
Sacramento, California, U.S.
|Other names||Scottie Schwartz|
Life and career
Schwartz co-starred opposite Richard Pryor and Jackie Gleason in 1982's The Toy directed by Richard Donner. In 1982, Schwartz filmed Kidco directed by Ronald F. Maxwell. In 1983, he featured in the Christmas film A Christmas Story as Flick, who got his tongue stuck to a frozen flagpole. In 1985, Schwartz co-starred with Liza Minnelli, Corey Haim, and Jeffrey DeMunn in the television film A Time to Live.
Schwartz grew up in Bridgewater Township, New Jersey, and attended Eisenhower Junior High School. He attended high school in 1982/3 and 1985/6 at Bridgewater-Raritan High School West in Bridgewater, with future professional basketball player Eric Murdock. He moved on to attend the Professional Children's School from 1983 to 1985.
Since 1987, he has managed a sports and movie memorabilia collectibles store, Baseball Cards - Movie Collectibles Etc. with his father Dan Schwartz in Westlake Village, California. Schwartz' father was Elvis Presley's US Army company clerk in Germany from 1958 to 1960.
In the 1990s, Schwartz worked in the adult film industry in minor, non-sexual roles, and behind the scenes in numerous administrative roles. Schwartz would eventually star in adult films in sexual roles. After appearing in more than a dozen films in a non-sexual capacity, he quit in 2000.
Since 2006, Schwartz has pursued his acting career, and helped create a line of celebrity-based trading cards for Donruss. He has also obtained celebrity autographs for companies such as: Upper Deck, Razor, Leaf, and In the Game. In 2008, Schwartz began writing for the sports card magazine Beckett, and was featured on the cover of the September 2008 issue of Sports Card Monthly alongside Darren McFadden and Josh Hamilton.
- The Toy (1982)
- A Christmas Story (1983)
- Kidco (1984)
- A Time to Live (1985)
- Raiders of the Living Dead (1986)
- Fear a.k.a. Honor Betrayed (1988)
- Beauty and the Beast: Part II (1990)
- Scotty's X-Rated Adventure (1996)
- Skin Walker (2004)
- Alien 3000 a.k.a. Unseen Evil 2 (2004)
- Community College (2008)
- The Coffin (2008)
- The Bongos: "Numbers with Wings" (RCA Music Video, MTV 1983)
- Young People's Specials (1 episode, 1984)
- ABC Afterschool Special - "That Funny Fat Kid", "Summer Switch" (2 episodes, 1984)
- A Time to Live (1985)
- 21 Jump Street (1 episode, #8, 1987)
- Rags to Riches (1 episode, 1987)
- TV 101 (1 episode, 1988)
- New York Times
- Cornell, Phil. "So you want to be a movie star; Youngster from Bridgewater filming in Louisiana as Richard Pryor's co-star", Courier News, May 3, 1982. Accessed January 18, 2018. "When he appeared on Broadway last year in Frankenstein, Bridgewater youngster Scott Schwartz didn't have much time to ponder the effects of fame.... Schwartz, a Talamini Road resident and student at Eisenhower Junior High School, will star with Jackie Gleason and Richard Pryor in The Toy, now before the cameras in Louisiana Louisiana and scheduled to be released in November, according to Columbia Pictures."
- Breslin, Susannah (2006-03-28). "Tiger Beat: How Scotty Schwartz went from A Christmas Story to Scotty's X-Rated Adventure". Nerve. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Corey Haim's Personal Items Being Sold on Ebay". Los Angeles Times. 2010-03-13. Retrieved 2010-04-21.