|Birth name||Scott Stanford|
|Born||Haverstraw, New York, United States|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Scott Stanford|
Scott Stanford is an American sports anchor and commentator. Along with Tamsen Fadal, he was co-anchored of WPIX-TV in New York City's weeknight 5pm and 10pm newscasts until July 2014. He is currently the Lead Sports Anchor for WPIX-TV in NY and a host for various WWE programming including the Monday Night Raw Pre-show.
Sports anchor (2002-2008, 2009-2013, 2014-present)
At WCBS Newsradio 880, Stanford received the 2002 and 2003 "AIR Award," which recognized him as the best radio sports anchor in the New York City market. Stanford is also five-time New York Emmy Award-winning sportscaster for "On-Camera Achievement." In 2003, he joined the WWOR-TV My9 News Team, and for the following 6 years was an anchor/reporter, which included hosting duties for the popular Geico Sunday Sports Rap. In 2008, he also started working for WNYW-TV, where he was the post-game reporter for the New York Yankees baseball team, along with hosting/reporting duties for the New York Giants Football pre-game kickoff shows. Scott's "Know Your Foe" Giants quiz segment has also received an award from the Associated Press. He also acts as a play-by-play announcer for college basketball and arena football. Stanford left WNBC-TV to start as weekday 5PM and 10PM anchor on WPIX-TV, but was later given a reassigned role in July 2014, becoming WPIX's lead sports anchor. He is also the host of the PIX11 Sports Desk, a nightly sports rap up show on PIX11 at 10:45.
Professional wrestling career
World Wrestling Entertainment / WWE (2009-present)
Stanford debuted in WWE in 2009 replacing Jack Korpela as the host of The Bottom Line. In October 2010, he became the new play-by-play commentator for WWE Superstars replacing Michael Cole. He called his first episode on the October 7 episode of Superstars with Jerry Lawler. This team was short-lived, however, as in mid-November injured wrestler CM Punk, who had started commentating on WWE Raw, replaced Lawler on Superstars. At the end of December, Punk left the commentary team after assaulting John Cena on Raw and SmackDown with a chair. Starting on the December 31 episode of Superstars, Josh Mathews joined Stanford as the color commentator. In addition to his commentary duties, he hosts the PPV Preshow every month, along with Tony Dawson. Stanford also makes appearances in Zack Ryder's weekly Z! True Long Island Story YouTube series. On the show, Stanford revealed that he was the man who attacked Chiappetta, Ryder's best friend, becoming a heel in the process. This was later proven false as it was Stanford's exact look-alike, Rot (wearing a "#Heel" Jacket), who performed the ambush. Stanford is currently Host of the Monday Night Raw Pre-show on WWE Network
- WWOR-TV Sports Anchor, My9 News at Ten (2002–2008)
- WNYW-TV Sports Anchor/Presenter, Fox 5 News (2008)
- Superstars Play-by-Play Commentator, Raw portion of Superstars (2010–2013)
- Raw Backstage Interviewer (2011)
- The Crossover Substitute presenter (2013)
- Bottom Line Host (2009–2012, 2013-2014)
- WWE PPV Preshow Host (2012–2013)
- WNBC-TV Weekend Sports Anchor, (2009–2013)
- WWE NXT Narrator (2013)
- WPIX-TV news anchor (2013-present)
- Does voiceover work for numerous WWE programs including This Week in WWE on the WWE Network (2014-present)
- Raw Pre-show analyst (2015-present)
- "Scott Stanford Bio". WWE. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- "Scott Stanford to join Tamsen Fadal as co-anchor of PIX11 News at 5 and 10". WPIK. pix11.com. 2013-08-27. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- Bishop, Matt (2010-12-21). "Smackdown: Ziggler takes Cena to the limit again, CM Punk makes impact". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2011-01-05.
- Plummer, Dale (2010-12-21). "RAW: No Nexus, no problem". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2011-01-05.
- Z! True Long Island Story Episode # 37. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOGfTXbXb2A
- Z! True Long Island Story Episode # 38. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uVtBqVi6Dk