Scott Township, Adams County, Ohio
|Scott Township, Adams County, Ohio|
Countryside in western Scott Township
Municipalities and townships of Adams County
|• Total||37.5 sq mi (97.0 km2)|
|• Land||37.5 sq mi (97.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||692 ft (211 m)|
|• Density||58/sq mi (22.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085684|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jackson Township, Highland County - north
- Bratton Township - northeast
- Meigs Township - east
- Oliver Township - southeast
- Wayne Township - southwest
- Winchester Township - west
- Concord Township, Highland County - northwest
Most of the village of Seaman is located in southwestern Scott Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Scott township, Adams County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 415. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.