Scott Township, Brown County, Ohio
|Scott Township, Brown County, Ohio|
Along White Oak Creek in central Scott Township
Location of Scott Township in Brown County
|• Total||21.1 sq mi (54.7 km2)|
|• Land||21.1 sq mi (54.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||932 ft (284 m)|
|• Density||61/sq mi (23.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085804|
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Pike Township - north
- Washington Township - northeast
- Franklin Township - southeast
- Pleasant Township - south
- Clark Township - west
No municipalities are located in Scott Township.
Name and history
Scott Township was established in 1828.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Scott township, Brown County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- The History of Brown County, Ohio: Containing a History of the County, Its Townships, Towns, Churches, Schools, Etc. Higginson Book Company. 1883. p. 629.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.