Scott Township, Marion County, Ohio
|Scott Township, Marion County, Ohio|
Fields northwest of Kirkpatrick
Location of Scott Township in Marion County
|• Total||24.5 sq mi (63.4 km2)|
|• Land||24.5 sq mi (63.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,004 ft (306 m)|
|• Density||21.3/sq mi (8.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086586|
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Dallas Township, Crawford County - north
- Whetstone Township, Crawford County - northeast corner
- Tully Township - east
- Canaan Township, Morrow County - southeast corner
- Claridon Township - south
- Marion Township - southwest corner
- Grand Prairie Township - west
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Police protection in Scott Township is provided by the Marion County Sheriff’s Department.
Children in Scott Township attend one of two different school systems: those from the western part of the township attend the Ridgedale Local School System, while those from the eastern part attend the River Valley School System.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Marion County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.