Scott Williams (serial killer)
|Scott Wilson Williams|
|Born||Scott Wilson Williams
December 3, 1963
|Criminal penalty||Life imprisonment|
Span of killings
|9 March 2006|
Scott Wilson Williams (born December 3, 1963) is a convicted American serial killer that lived in Monroe, North Carolina. He has been convicted for the murders of three women that took place over a period of nine years. He has also been convicted of crimes against two additional women who were not killed.
- Sharon House Pressley, 37, from Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1997.
- Christina Outz Parker, 34, from Monroe, North Carolina, in 2004.
- Sharon Tucker Stone, 46, from Monroe, North Carolina in 2006.
Investigation, trial and sentence
Sharon Stones' remains were discovered by a man picking up cans. Williams was an employee of the North Carolina Department of Transportation  and had no prior criminal record. Nothing initially drew the attention of law enforcement to him. A comment was made by an investigator that “He’s lived a normal life, except on those three or four occasions.” However, in connection with the Stone murder, Williams was identified as an acquaintance. Ultimately this led to his arrest on 9 March 2006 at 1:30 AM. All three victims had been shot in the head and suffered a similar forms of mutilation. During the course of the interviews, law enforcement found that he also knew Parker and Pressley. It was learned that Parker and Stone knew each other.
The cases were investigated by the Union County—Chesterfield County (South Carolina) Homicide Task Force, South Carolina State Law Enforcement Division, the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, and the FBI. Evidence against Williams included DNA, ballistics, witness identification from victims that survived, and incriminating statements by Williams himself.
On July 18, 2008, Williams entered Alford pleas to the murder charges and was sentenced to three consecutive terms of life without parole. In addition, Williams entered Alford pleas to charges of first-degree kidnapping, rape, and sexual offenses against two other women in 1995 and 2000.
Williams is imprisoned at Alexander Correctional Institution.
- "NC, SC officials say serial killer is under arrest". wistv.com. 9 March 2006. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- Baker, Gale (2 March 2006). "Officers ID victim in murder case". thecherawchronicle.com. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "Investigators identify dismembered body found in Chesterfield County woods". wistv.com. 23 Feb 2006. Retrieved 1 May 2013. from Associated Press
- Baker, Gale (16 March 2006). "Suspect charged in 3 murders". thecherawchronicle.com. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "DOT worker charged with 3 murders". Star-News. Wilmington, NC. 11 March 2006. pp. 2B. Retrieved 1 May 2013. from Associated Press
- "Serial Killer Pleads Guilty, Avoids Death Penalty". wsoctv.com. 18 July 2008. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- Torralba, Mike (19 July 2008), "Union man gets life in 3 killings, mutilations", charlotteobserver.com, retrieved 5 May 2012