Scott Wilson (footballer, born 1977)
Wilson playing for North Queensland Fury
|Full name||Scott Peter Wilson|
|Date of birth||19 March 1977|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2002||→ Portsmouth (loan)||5||(0)|
|2009–2010||North Queensland Fury||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:47, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
Scott Peter Wilson (born 19 March 1977) is a Scottish former footballer, who played for Rangers, Portsmouth, Dunfermline Athletic and North Queensland Fury. Wilson represented Scotland at under-21 international level.
Wilson signed for Rangers in 1993 from the club's youth system. He made his debut as a 19-year-old in a UEFA Champions League defeat against Ajax at Ibrox in 1996. He made a further 77 appearances at Rangers, scoring 1 goal against Dundee United, before moving to Portsmouth on loan near the end of the 2001–02 season. He played five times during this loan spell, but did not do enough to earn a permanent contract and returned to Scotland.
Wilson played for the Scotland under–21 team during his time with Rangers. His performances for Dunfermline earned him selection for the Scotland B squad (then known as "Scotland Future"), but he did not play.
- "Scott Wilson". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- "Dundee United 1 Rangers 2". Sporting Life. 30 December 1998. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Wilson heads to Portsmouth". BBC Sport. 28 March 2002. Retrieved 1 June 2008.
- "Pars sign Wilson". BBC Sport. 5 August 2002. Retrieved 1 June 2008.
- "Rangers destroy Dunfermline". BBC Sport. 1 September 2002. Retrieved 1 June 2008.
- "Fury snap up Scots skipper". FourFourTwo. 6 March 2009. Retrieved 6 March 2009.
- "SCOTT WILSON". Dunfermline Athletic FC. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- "Wilson, Scott". fitbastats.com. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- Lomax, Andrew (17 December 2002). "Vogts invests in futures market". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
Manager Vogts' squad has been badly hit by call-offs and Dunfermline defender Scott Wilson was sent home suffering from flu only hours ahead of the team's flight to Germany and hurriedly replaced by Rangers defender Robert Malcolm.
- North Queensland Fury profile
- Scott Wilson at Soccerbase
- Scotland U21 stats at Fitbastats
- Scotland B stats at Fitbastats
|This biographical article related to a defender from Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|