||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Life and career
Although a life-trained dancer, Wise first became seriously interested in dance as a career while studying to become an accountant at the University of Idaho at Moscow. He performed with the Joffrey II, then moved into musical theater in the early 1980s after auditioning for A Chorus Line "as a dare more than anything."
Wise won the Tony Award in 1989 in the category of Best Featured Actor in a Musical for his performance in the dance revue Jerome Robbins' Broadway. In that revue, Wise played multiple roles, including "Riff" in West Side Story and "Chip" in On the Town. Wise was nominated twice more in the same category for his performances in State Fair (1996) and Fosse (1999).
In addition to playing the Drill Sergeant and Sergeant O'Leary in the rock ballet, Movin' Out (2002), Wise was Twyla Tharp's assistant choreographer and assistant director.  Wise choreographed the Off-Broadway musical A Class Act in 2000. a regional production of The Who's Tommy and the national tour of Leader of the Pack.
Source:Playbill Vault 
- 1982 A Chorus Line
- 1984 Cats
- 1985 Song and Dance
- 1988 Carrie
- 1989 Jerome Robbins' Broadway
- 1992 Guys and Dolls
- 1993 The Goodbye Girl
- 1994 Damn Yankees
- 1995 Victor/Victoria
- 1996 State Fair
- 1997 Lucky in the Rain (Goodspeed Opera House) 
- 1999 Fosse
- 2002 Movin' Out
- 2015 Allegiance
- Witchel, Alex. "A Dancer's Life: After a Tony, Back to the Chorus" The New York Times, April 13, 1992
- Jennifer Dunning (1989-03-10). "Nine Who Have the Certain Something". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-07-06.
- Viagas, Robert. "David Merrick Threatens To Sue the Tonys" playbill.com, May 15, 1996
- Scott Wise at the Internet Broadway Database
- McGrath, Sean. "1999 Tony Nominee: Scott Wise (Featured Actor, Musical, Fosse)" playbill.com, June 3, 1999
- " 'Movin' Out' Broadway" playbill vault.com, accessed July 28, 2015
- Murray, Matthew. "Review. 'Movin' Out'" talkinbroadway.com, October 24, 2002
- Sommer, Elyse. "'A Class Act', Manhattan Theatre Club (11/12/00 performance) and Broadway (3/14/01 performance)", CurtainUp.com, November 12, 2000 and March 14, 2001, accessed July 28, 2015
- Simonson, Robert and Hernandez, Ernio. Original "Tony-Nominated Star Parkinson to Return to Broadway's 'Movin' Out 'Feb. 8" playbill.com, February 8, 2005
- Kaye, Kimberly. "Rock Star Savannah Wise Goes from Broadway Baby to Broadway Babe" broadway.com, August 17, 2009
- FineLine Theatre Arts website, finelinetheatrearts.com; accessed July 28, 2015.
- "Scott Wise Broadway Credits and Awards" playbillvault.com, accessed July 29, 2015
- Nassour, Ellis. "Scott Wise Gets Lucky in Goodspeed's New Musical, Aug. 1" playbill.com, August 1, 1997