This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Scott E. Yancey
July 9, 1969
Los Angeles County, California, U.S.
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada (Spends time at his vacation home in Malibu, CA)|
|Occupation||CEO of Goliath Company
Real Estate Broker
|Spouse(s)||Amie Yancey (m. 2000)|
Scott E. Yancey (born July 9, 1969) is a TV personality, businessman, real estate investor, and author. He is best known for his role on the A&E television series, Flipping Vegas, a modern reality TV show in which Scott and his wife, Amie Yancey purchase and repair dilapidated homes in the Las Vegas Valley, and attempt to flip them for profit.
Yancey married his future Flipping Vegas costar, Amie, on January 26, 2000.[better source needed] Yancey has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As of 2014, the couple had a pet dog, a dachshund named Tallulah. The couple also owns two Rhodesian ridgeback dogs named Flip and Zuma, two friesian horses named Henke and Tieme, two mini pigs named Bacon Bits and Lucy, and a mini donkey named JackAss.
Yancey made his first real estate deal at the age of 14, when he received an insurance settlement of $30,000, which he used to purchase the 2nd deed of trust for a home mortgage as an investment with a 14% interest rate.
While enrolled in college, Yancey was hired to be a runner by Walter J. Plumb III, a Real Estate Attorney and investor. Yancey continued to work with Plumb assisting in multiple real estate transactions such as the purchase of a 40-unit apartment complex and converting it to condos along with assembling dozens of land deals subdividing them into over 3000 lots. Now working independently of Plumb, Yancey began developing retail department stores in Las Vegas, Provo, Utah, and Tempe, Arizona.
After selling his department stores and choosing to return to his real estate roots, Yancey relocated to Las Vegas in 1994. In 2008, Yancey founded the Las Vegas-based Goliath Company, a real estate brokerage and investment firm. Goliath Company focuses on investment properties, the buy & hold approach and finding land to entitle and subsidize by selling to large private companies; which they have managed to do for a few thousand lots.
In 2010, Yancey and Lovable Scoundrels Productions created the television series Flipping Vegas. A&E originally premiered the series on June 18, 2011. In addition to starring in the show, Yancey also served as an executive producer. The show concluded its fifth season on September 27, 2014.
The Yanceys created Yancey Events as a way to help others learn about investing in real estate.  Using their stardom from Flipping Vegas, coupled with the knowledge and experience they have gained from years in the business, salespeople working for the company travel across the United States and sell educational seminars on how to properly invest in real estate.
In one episode of Flipping Vegas, the Yanceys donated a home to a wounded veteran.
Yancey has published two books:
- Go Time (2012), a 250-page book inspired by people who taught Yancey about real estate.
- Flipping Your Way to Real Estate Profits (2015), a 221-page book offering advice to financially challenged investors on how to make profits beyond flipping houses.
- "Scott E. Yancey, born 07/09/1969". California Birth Index. Retrieved March 2, 2016.
- "Amazon.com: Scott Yancey: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- Katsilometes, John (April 27, 2014). "Real lives of reality TV stars". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "News 3 Las Vegas". Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Scott Yancey biography". The Huffington Post. Retrieved March 2, 2016.
- "IMDb Biography". Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Acuña, Jessi (May 28, 2014). "Seven Questions for Scott Yancey". Vegas Seven. Retrieved May 6, 2016.
I'm not a college graduate. I went to probably five colleges, and I dropped out of them all. I have ADD.
- "A&E TV's Cast of Flipping Vegas". A&E TV. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Scott Yancey (@scott_yancey) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "Biography". Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Fryman, Jessica (26 July 2011). "Local couple turn Vegas' for-sale homes into multimillion-dollar residences" (PDF). Las Vegas Review-Journal. p. 1. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
Scott founded the real estate company Goliath Company in 2008.
- Flipping Vegas, 2011-06-18, retrieved 2016-07-13
- Domanick, Andrea (2013-12-05). "Photos: Flipping out on the set of A&E's 'Flipping Vegas' with Scott and Amie Yancey". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "Scott Yancey Reviews - Is it a Scam or Legit?". HighYa. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- Winterfeldt, Maggie. "The Stars of Flipping Vegas Are Accused of Leading a Shameful Real Estate Scam". POPSUGAR Home. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- Mosier, Jeff (2012-04-17). "Southwest Las Vegas in the spotlight". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- Yancey, Scott (2012). Go Time. Visionary Strategies.
- Yancey, Scott; Yancey, Amie (2015-01-18). Flipping Your Way to Real Estate Profits (1 ed.). Yancey LLC.