Scottish Equity Partners
|Headquarters||London, Glasgow and Edinburgh|
Number of employees
Scottish Equity Partners (SEP) invests in high growth businesses in the UK and Ireland and makes selective investments elsewhere in Europe, across a range of technology and tech-enabled sectors. It is an award-winning venture capital firm and growth equity firm with a successful track record spanning over 20 years, with over 150 investments made and 130 exits completed.
SEP builds value by playing an active and supportive role in the growth and development of its portfolio companies and has been behind some of Europe’s most successful technology companies including Skyscanner, Biovex and matchesfashion.com.
SEP operates from offices in London, Glasgow and Edinburgh. Typical investment size is €10-25m across a range of sectors, including enterprise software, consumer internet and tech-enabled service businesses but larger deals are also considered.
Scottish Equity Partners (SEP) was named UK Venture Capital and Growth Equity Firm of the Year at the 2017 British Private Equity Awards, sponsored by Unquote.
This is the sixth time that SEP has picked up the award for venture capital in recent years.
SEP was also presented with an award for Exit of the Year in respect of the £1.5 billion sale of travel search company Skyscanner to NASDAQ-listed Ctrip.
SEP was awarded Dealmaker of the Year at the Scottish Business Insider Deals and Dealmakers Awards 2017.
In addition to venture capital for high growth companies, SEP also provides infrastructure finance for small scale clean energy projects and partnered with FTSE 100-company SSE plc to establish a secondary investment fund focused exclusively on cleantech companies.
SEP is an independent, owner-managed firm with a team of over 40 people.
- Official site
- Husband and wife bank £400m from sale of Matchesfashion.com
- Scottish Equity Partners raises £260m for tech focused fund
- SEP invests in LoveCrafts
- Scottish Equity Partners backs SportPursuit
- SEP investment Skyscanner sold to Ctrip for £1.4bn
- Scottish Equity Partners investment Exco InTouch sold to ERT
- Scottish Equity Partners invests in Babbel
- Scottish Equity Partners doubles investment
- Scottish Equity Partners to invest up to £9m in rural wind
- Scottish Equity Partners invests in Abcodia
- Scottish Equity Partners sets up £135m investment fund
- Scottish Equity Partners investment ControlCircle sold to AIM-listed Alternative Networks
- Flying robots company Cyberhawk Innovations backed by venture capital firm