Scottish Equity Partners
||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||London, Glasgow and Edinburgh|
Number of employees
Scottish Equity Partners (SEP) is a UK venture capital firm. Operating from offices in London, Glasgow and Edinburgh, it makes equity investments of up to £20 million in high growth technology, and technology enabled, companies.
Investments include Skyscanner, the independent travel search company, Mister Spex, the online eyewear business, and MATCHESFASHION.COM, a luxury omni-channel fashion retailer. SEP was named 'Venture Capital Firm of the Year' at the Unquote British Private Equity Awards 2015 for the fifth time in recent years. In addition to venture capital for high growth companies, SEP also provides infrastructure finance for small scale clean energy projects and have partnered with FTSE 100-company SSE plc and established a secondary investment fund focused exclusively on cleantech companies. Investors include Lexington Partners, UK based funds Hermes GPE and F&C Private Equity , as well as Swiss-based Partners Group.
- Crawford Beveridge
- Brian McBride (director)
- List of venture capital firms
- Cambridge Semiconductor Limited
- Gigle Networks
- "Scottish Equity Partners launch £95m green fund".
- "SEP agrees $1bn venture exit".
- "Surge in profits sees Craneware shares jump more than 5%".
- "Second tech IPO for Scottish Equity Partners as CSR debuts in London".
- "Scottish Equity Partners has provided $5.5m in a second tranche to a total $20.5m third round of funding for SearchSpace".
- Official site
- Scottish Equity Partners invests in Babbel
- Scottish Equity Partners doubles investment
- Scottish Equity Partners to invest up to £9m in rural wind
- Scottish Equity Partners invests in Abcodia
- Scottish Equity Partners leads £10.5m investment in Pure360
- Scottish Equity Partners to sponsor Eve Muirhead
- Scottish Equity Partners investment ControlCircle sold to AIM-listed Alternative Networks
- Scottish Equity Partners invests in Hetras
- Flying robots company Cyberhawk Innovations backed by venture capital firm
- Scottish Equity Partners leads £1.2m round for Twitter analytics company SocialBro
- Trio of SEP companies succeed at BVCA awards
- SEP beats downturn to post strong growt
- Top 40 SEP firms grow sales and jobs