Church of St Genewys, Scotton
|OS grid reference|
|• London||140 mi (230 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Scotton is a village and civil parish in the West Lindsey district Lincolnshire, England. It is situated 7 miles (11 km) south from Scunthorpe, 14 miles (23 km) north-west from Market Rasen, and 1 mile (1.6 km) south from the larger village of Scotter. The western boundary of the parish is formed by part of the A159 Gainsborough to Scunthorpe road.
The ecclesiastical parish is in the Church of England Diocese of Lincoln, Archdeaconry of Stow and Manlake Deanery. The church is dedicated to St Genewys. Historically, the parish was in the wapentake of Corringham, and following the Poor Law reforms of the early 19th century was placed in the Gainsborough Poor Law Union.
- "2001 Census: Key Statistics: Parish Headcounts: Area: Scotton CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 31 October 2008.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statisticsd. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "St Genewys, Scotton". Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- Youngs, Frederic A (1991). Guide to the Local Administrative Units of England, volume II: Northern England. London: Royal Historical Society. p. 919. ISBN 0-86193-127-0.
- Media related to Scotton, Lincolnshire at Wikimedia Commons