Scottsdale Community College
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Affiliation||Maricopa County Community College District |
Higher Learning Commission
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
|Campus||Urban, 52 Acres|
|Colors||Green and Gold |
|National Junior College Athletic Association |
Arizona Community College Athletic Conference
|Mascot||Artie the Artichoke|
Scottsdale Community College is a public community college in Scottsdale, Arizona. It is on the eastern boundary of the city on 160 acres (650,000 m2) of land belonging to the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community. The lease was taken out[where?] in 1970 and will expire in 2069. The college is part of the Maricopa County Community College District.
Unique among colleges, SCC is the only public community college located on tribal land. The college also hosts NAU-Scottsdale, which offers several undergraduate programs, as well as the SCC2NAU program. SCC2NAU is a joint admission program between Scottsdale Community College and Northern Arizona University.
Scottsdale Community College offers associate degrees as well as Certificates of Completion.
- Ryneldi Becenti, the first Native American to play in the WNBA
- Scott Emerson, Major League Baseball pitching coach
- Tim Esmay, former Arizona State head baseball coach
- Robert Garrigus, PGA Tour professional
- Bill Hader, actor (Saturday Night Live cast member (2005–2013), Trainwreck)
- Josh Miller (born 1970), American football player and football analyst
- David Spade, actor (Saturday Night Live, Just Shoot Me!, Rules of Engagement, The Benchwarmers)
- Charlie Garner, former NFL football player
- Will Tukuafu, Samoan-American NFL football player for the Chargers
- Terry Wright, former NFL football player