|No. 32 – Galatasaray|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
|League||Turkish Basketball Super League
August 8, 1989 |
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||230 lb (104 kg)|
|High school||University Heights Academy
|NBA draft||2011 / Undrafted|
|2014–2015||Sioux Falls Skyforce|
|2015–2016||Foshan Long Lions|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school and college career
Considered a five-star recruit by the Rivals.com recruiting network, Hopson was listed as the No. 2 shooting guard and the No. 5 player in the nation in 2008. He played three seasons of college basketball for the University of Tennessee under head coach Bruce Pearl from 2008 to 2011.
On March 31, 2014, he signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers. On April 6, 2014, he was assigned to the Canton Charge of the NBA D-League. On April 9, 2014, he was recalled by the Cavaliers. The next day, he was reassigned to the Charge. On April 15, 2014, he was recalled by the Cavaliers.
On July 12, 2014, Hopson was traded, along with cash considerations, to the Charlotte Hornets in exchange for Brendan Haywood and the draft rights to Dwight Powell. The next day, the Hornets traded him to the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for cash considerations. Two days later, he was again traded, this time to the Houston Rockets. On September 17, 2014, he was traded, along with Alonzo Gee, to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for Jason Terry and two future second-round draft picks. On September 24, 2014, he was waived by the Kings.
On December 7, 2014, Hopson was acquired by the Sioux Falls Skyforce of the NBA Development League. On February 24, 2015, Hopson set two Skyforce single-game records, scoring 52 points and making 21 field goals in a win over the Reno Bighorns. On April 21, 2015, he signed with Laboral Kutxa of Spain for the rest of the 2014–15 ACB season.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
- "Rivals.com". sports.yahoo.com.
- "Scotty Hopson Bio". utsports.com. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Kolossos Rhodes sign rookie Scotty Hopson". Sportando.com. August 30, 2011. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Hapoel Eilat tabs Scotty Hopson". Sportando.com. July 12, 2012. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "ANADOLU EFES inks swingman Hopson". Euroleague.net. July 25, 2013. Archived from the original on February 27, 2014. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Cavs Sign Scotty Hopson". NBA.com. March 31, 2014. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Cavs Assign Karasev and Hopson to Charge". NBA.com. April 6, 2014. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- "Hopson Acquired from Cavs - Charlotte Hornets".
- "Pelicans Acquire Scotty Hopson - New Orleans Pelicans".
- "Rockets Land Ariza & Valuable First Round Pick - Houston Rockets".
- "Kings Acquire Gee, Hopson and Trade Exception from Houston in Exchange for Jason Terry and Pair of Second Round Draft Picks". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. September 17, 2014. Retrieved September 17, 2014.
- "Kings Waive Scotty Hopson - Sacramento Kings".
- "Skyforce Acquire Scotty Hopson".
- "Scotty Hopson sets Skyforce scoring record with 52 points". The Washington Times. February 25, 2015. Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- "Scotty Hopson reforzará el perímetro baskonista hasta final de temporada". Saski Baskonia (in Spanish). April 21, 2015. Retrieved April 21, 2015.
- "Scotty Hopson joins Foshan Long Lions". court-side.com. September 17, 2015. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- "Scotty Hopson signs with Cedevita Zagreb". Sportando.com. July 24, 2016. Retrieved July 24, 2016.
- League, Winner. "Ironi Nahariya signed @Shopson32, replacing injured Gilbert Brown. Hopson played in Hapoel Eilat in 12/13".
- "Israeli Basketball, Teams, Scores, Stats, News, Standings - eurobasket News".
- "Galatasaray signs small forward Hopson".