Scouting and Guiding in Hong Kong
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Scouting in Hong Kong was begun by The Boys' Brigade in 1909. There is also a record of Chums Scouts and the British Boy Scouts in Hong Kong. Later, the St. Joseph's College Scouts were formed in 1913 and registered with The Boy Scouts Association of the United Kingdom in 1914 as its 1st Hong Kong Troop. The Boy Scouts Association's Hong Kong Branch was formed in 1915 and after being renamed The Scout Association, Hong Kong Branch was succeeded by The Scout Association of Hong Kong.
The Scout and Guide movement in Hong Kong is currently served by
- Hong Kong Girl Guides Association, member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
- The Scout Association of Hong Kong, member of the World Organization of the Scout Movement
International Scouting units in Hong Kong
- There are an American Cub Scout pack and Boy Scout troops in Hong Kong, linked to the Direct Service branch of the Boy Scouts of America, which supports units around the world.
- Girl Scouts of the USA, served by USAGSO headquarters
- Scouts Canada has a group in Hong Kong
- "Triennial Report 2005-2008" (PDF). World Organization of the Scout Movement. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- "The Hong Kong Girl Guides Association". WAGGGS Asia Pacific Region. Retrieved 2008-04-25.
- "Direct Service Units". Direct Service. Retrieved 2008-10-24,2009-10-01 and 2012-06-10. Check date values in:
- "Facts USA Girl Scouts Overseas" (pdf). Girl Scouts of the USA. p. 2). Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "1st Hong Kong Canadian Scout Group Year End Ceremony". Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "Speaking Notes -Good Turn Week 2012" (PDF). Scouts Canada. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
|This Hong Kong–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Scouting or Guiding article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|