|Directed by||Ari Alexander Ergis Magnússon|
|Written by||Ari A. E. Magnússon|
Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson
Screaming Masterpiece (Gargandi snilld in Icelandic) is a 2005 documentary film directed and written by Ari Alexander Ergis Magnússon about the music scene in Iceland. It attempts to explore the reasons why Iceland has such a rich variety of musical talent.
The film itself shows mostly live performances and interviews by some of Iceland's biggest musicians, including Björk, Sigur Rós, Slowblow, múm, Ghostigital, Quarashi, Singapore Sling amongst others, over the backdrop of Icelandic scenery. It contains also interview clips with the musician and goði Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson of the Íslenska Ásatrúarfélagið, the official Ásatrú religious organization of Iceland.
- Rokk í Reykjavík (1982) an earlier documentary on Iceland's music scene.
-  IMDb Full cast and crew for Gargandi snilld
- Gargandi Snilld at the Internet Movie Database
- Screaming Masterpiece at AllMovie
- Screaming Masterpiece Trailer and Official Website
|This article about a music-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Icelandic film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|