Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
|SAG Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|Awarded for||Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role|
|Location||Los Angeles, California|
|Currently held by||Patricia Arquette for Boyhood (2014)|
The Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role is an award given by the Screen Actors Guild to honor the finest acting achievements in film.
- "†" indicates the winner of the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- "‡" indicates a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Winners and nominees
Occasions over the past 20 years did the winner of the SAG Award for Best Supporting Actress not win the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. This happened in:
- 1995: Kate Winslet (Sense and Sensibility) lost to Mira Sorvino (Mighty Aphrodite)
- 1996: Lauren Bacall (The Mirror Has Two Faces) lost to Juliette Binoche (The English Patient)
- 1998: Kathy Bates (Primary Colors) lost to Judi Dench (Shakespeare in Love)
- 2000: Judi Dench (Chocolat) lost to Marcia Gay Harden (Pollock). This is the first time in SAG Award history that the category's eventual Oscar winner went un-nominated by the SAG.
- 2001: Helen Mirren (Gosford Park) lost to Jennifer Connelly (A Beautiful Mind)
- 2007: Ruby Dee (American Gangster) lost to Tilda Swinton (Michael Clayton)
- 2008: Kate Winslet (The Reader) won Best Actress. Penélope Cruz (Vicky Cristina Barcelona) won Best Supporting Actress.
- 2 wins
- Kate Winslet (Sense and Sensibility, The Reader)
- Kathy Bates (Primary Colors, About Schmidt)
- Penélope Cruz (Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Nine)
- Cameron Diaz (Being John Malkovich, Vanilla Sky)
- Sally Field (Forrest Gump, Lincoln)
- Frances McDormand (Almost Famous, North Country)
- Renée Zellweger (Jerry Maguire, Cold Mountain)
- Amy Adams (Junebug, Doubt, The Fighter)
- Judi Dench (Shakespeare in Love, Chocolat, The Shipping News)
- Catherine Keener (Being John Malkovich, Capote, Into the Wild)
- Julianne Moore (Boogie Nights, Magnolia, The Hours)
- Kate Winslet (Sense and Sensibility, Quills, The Reader)
- Cate Blanchett (Bandits, The Aviator, Notes on a Scandal, I'm Not There)
- Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress
- BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture
- Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress
- List of actors who won the Academy, BAFTA, Golden Globe, SAG, and Critic's Choice Award for a single performance