||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (August 2012)|
Scribbly is a comic that ran daily in the Dutch edition of the Metro free newspaper for over five years. It was written and drawn by Jan-Paul Arends. Seven albums have been published containing the daily strips. The comic is known for its weird cast, and its tendency for parodying well-known films, books and famous people.
- "Ik hoop dat die ene goeie erin staat" (I hope that good one is in here)
- "Ik snap ze nooit" (I never get them)
- "Doe maar iets creatiefs" (Make it something creative)
- "Daar moet je een stripje over maken" (You should make a comic about that)
- "De verzonken stad van Zahn-Luac" (The lost city of Zahn-Luac)
- "Een opsteker van jewelste" (A big stroke of luck)
- "Meer wafels, minder misdaad" (More waffles, less crime)
- "Het is maar een droom, jongen" (It's just a dream, son)
- Scribbly is the eponymous protagonist. He is a schizophrenic and lives in the House for the Mentally Disturbed.
- Psychotron is Scribbly's super-hero alter ego, in a few strips where he deludedly wears a red cape, which allows him to think he can fly.
- Frits is Scribbly's voice-inside-his-head.
- Quibus is an animated sheet of paper who is usually Scribbly's friend.
- Doctor Psilo leads the House for the Mentally Disturbed.
- Zark is an alien that looks like a giant pickle with an antenna. He can use the antenna for radio reception, remote control, as well as hearing Frits. He hails from planet Zortian II.
- Kraz is Zark's brother. He lives on the same planet where Zark used to live.
- Waverider is Zark's super-hero alter ego, who has no known powers.
- Doe-ran is a haunting spirit, in the shape of a floating mask, that was initially summoned by Quibus to torment Scribbly. He is a powerful magician.
- Draakje is a little dragon that doesn't talk and has a tendency of breathing fire at inconvenient moments. He barks just like a dog.
- Olav is a huge shouting man who is a porter at the House.
- V-252 is a friendly robot from outer space with a television on his belly. He is married to another robot, and they have a toaster for a child.
- H-Nibal is a huge killer robot from outer space, that was eventually defeated by D-2120.
- Mildred is a nurse at the House, who keeps an eye on the patients using Meneer Pollepel.
- Pollepel is a ladle with a drawn-on angry face. When used, he scares the patients.
- Eddy is one of the newer patients in the House, and is a naughty baby duck. He likes wine, and drives around the house in a pink toy Cadillac.
- Geestenclub are four ghosts who incidentally appear in the comics.
- Flumpy is a huge bee, who is the mascot of the brand of cereal that is eaten in the House.
- Giovanni is a shrimp, who is sometimes being drawn by Zark in an attempt to create a comic book. Giovanni lives in Garnaalsmeer.
- Zen is a robot who thinks for himself, created by V-252.