Scrip World Pharmaceutical News
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||News and analysis service|
|Owner(s)||Informa plc (LSE: INF)|
69-77 Paul St
Scrip Intelligence (Scrip) is an English language international pharmaceutical news, analysis and data service. First published as a weekly print newsletter in March 1972, Scrip included articles on side-effects, regulatory changes and mergers and acquisitions. Scrip World Pharmaceutical News was initially published by advertising company J Walter Thomson but was bought by its e Dr Philip J Brown in 1976 for £2000, who founded PJB Publishing. Brown sold Scrip, associated titles and his company to Informa for £150 million in 2003. Scrip has now developed into an online global pharma news and analysis service. It provides daily news and analysis on the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry including areas such as policy & regulation, business news, research & development, generics, drug delivery, and clinical trials.
Scrip subscriber base
The Scrip readership has grown to over 100,000 worldwide, half of which are in Europe. Scrip is read by managers and executives working across all disciplines in pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide.
- Barbara Obstoj (1972–76)
- Philip Brown (1977–86)
- Moira Dower (1986–96)
- John Davis (1997-2007)
- Alex Shimmings (2007-2010)
- Mike Ward (2010–present)
Scrip editorial team
Scrip has a large independent editorial team of 21. The journalists are based throughout the world in Washington, D.C., Tokyo, India, and London to ensure a global emphasis to the latest news stories.
- "Science desk" - The R&D section tracks the fortune of marketed and developmental drugs, from clinical data to their passage through the regulatory process.
- "Europe coverage" - Scrip's Europe based desk covers all the political and regulatory developments that affect the pharmaceutical industry in the 27 member states, other European countries and the Russian Federation.
- "US coverage" - Scrip's US team details the political developments from Washington affecting the global pharma industry, such as U.S. Food and Drug Administration safety and regulatory matters, as well as litigation, Generics and pharmacy.
- "World coverage" - Scrip's locally based world coverage focuses on Japan and other Pacific Rim markets, Asia and Latin America.
- "Business news" - Scrip's global reporters bring information on financial and business affairs in the pharma and biotech sectors.
- "Analyst team" - Scrip's analysts offer an insight into the industry's more significant developments.
- Wray, Richard (2003-12-03). "£2,000 niche buy nets £150m for science journalist". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- "Three new Square fellows". Pharmaceutical Journal. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- "Informa buys PJB Publications for £120m – Press Gazette". www.pressgazette.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- "Scrip's readership reaches over 100,000". scripnews.com. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- "Scrip's readers are global mid-senior level management". scripnews.com. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- "Research and development news". scripnews.com. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- "Clinical trials news". scripnews.com. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- "Policy and regulation news". scripnews.com. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- "Financial news". scripnews.com. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- "Scrip's analysis team". scripnews.com. Retrieved 2008-08-04.