|Origin||Kilkenny & Wexford
|Years active||2003 – 2011|
|Associated acts||Mr. Lightweight
All Or Nothing
|Past members||Sean Savage
Scuba Dice were a four-piece pop punk band from Kilkenny. The band consists of vocalist Joe Grace, guitarist Padraig King, bassist Liam Bryne, and drummer Shane Pearson. Half of the band were in the original lineup which dates back as far as 2003. The band started out playing punk and rock covers in local bars and clubs in late 2003. After some lineup changes the band began writing and recording original music. To date the band have released 3 singles and an official EP.
Since 2003 Scuba Dice have gained a large following, a good reputation and much acclaim, for their electric live show and own original material. After entering the 2006 Hype Entertainment Battle of the Bands and winning, the band released a highly successful self-titled EP, they then opened for The Frank and Walters, at a gig in the Olympia Theatre, featuring an additional guitarist Des Foley of Mr Lightweight. In early 2007 Scuba Dice made their television debut as contestants in the national TV show You're a Star, According To Brendan O'Connor their genre is "Power Pop Punk Punk Pop", competing for the coveted prize of a record contract and as part of the show they covered Green Day's "Holiday", which was released as a single reaching No. 8 and gave them their debut on the Irish Singles Chart and later went on to be 42nd best selling single of 2008 for an Irish artist. They also released their second single "Made" an original song, this time a physical release. The band also entered the Beatbox competition house to write a song with the contestants.
Two founding members leave (2007–2010)
It was around this time that Eoin 'Spud' Murphy, left the band due difficulties within the band, he was swiftly replaced by the band's roadie and guitar tech Liam Bryne. Shortly after this the band announced that Sean Savage (the band's original drummer) was no longer a member on their Bebo and MySpace pages, which resulted in angry exchanges through each other's blogs. This temporarily left the band drummer-less and facing an uncertain future. The band temporarily recruited Pat Byrne, a member of Mr Lightweight, to play the drums for them on their 4th Demo, and the single "Let Go". After this the band found their current drummer Daire Nolan. The band planned to release "Just Dance", a song from their third demo, as a single through iTunes; the date had been set however the single was not released.
In August 2008 the band took part in LA or Busk, a competition open to unsigned Irish bands. The competition, ran by Blastspace, consisted of 8 heats, each heat consisting of ten of Ireland's best young bands. Scuba Dice went on to finish 3rd in a closely contested final. A new single, titled "Let Go", was released on 13 February 2009 as a digital download available through DownloadMusic.i.e. The band organized their first headlining Irish tour in February 2009 to promote "Let Go" with "Under Stars & Gutters".
In the summer of 2009 Scuba Dice embarked on a short tour of Ireland with All or Nothing for three dates of their Irish tour and another three dates with Jody Has A Hitlist and Snakes Hate Fire. Scuba Dice are also wowed the huge crowds on the main stage of the Dithmarscher Rock Festival 2009 in Germany. For the first time in 2009, Scuba Dice embarked on a trip to America. Here they played 4 showcase shows and earned themselves great reviews and valuable contacts for the future.
2010 - Present: The Lost Art Of Romance
In the summer of 2010, between Friday June 25 and Saturday July 3 they did a headline tour around Ireland taking in places such as Wexford, Galway City, Cork City, Limerick City, Mayo, Louth and Antrim. They released E.P. Lost art of Romance in September. The band have supported My Passion, Canterbury, One Night Only and Francesqa around Ireland. They did 3 headline Halloween shows around Ireland in Cork City, Limerick City, and Dublin  Scuba Dice then supported Paramore at The O2 in Dublin on November 6, 2010. They played a 30-minute set and were very well received. Scuba Dice then took time off to prepare for their Summer 2011 tour which included 6 dates in Ireland as well as dates in Austria, Sweden and Germany  They are now writing a new album.
Lead singer Joe, currently lives in Australia, so it's unknown if the band are on temporary hiatus or not. The band's website is currently down which suggests they have broken up.
- Joe Grace - Lead Vocals, Rhythm Guitar (2003–present)
- Padraig King - Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals (2003–present)
- Liam Byrne - Bass, Backing Vocals (2007–present)
- Shane Pearson - Drums, Percussion (2010–present)
- Eoin Murphy - Bass (2003–2007)
- Sean Savage - Drums (2003–2008)
- Daire Nolan - Drums (2008–2010)
|Year||Single||Peak chart position|
|2011||"Not That I Care"||—|
|"—" denotes a title that did not chart.|
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2011||The Lost Art Of Romance||—|
|"—" denotes a title that did not chart.|
|Title||Date of Release||Tracks|
- "RTÉ Television - The Afternoon Show". RTÉ One. 2009-02-15. Retrieved 2009-02-21.[dead link]
- Kilkenny Advertiser profile[dead link]
- "RTÉ's You're A Star Storms The Charts". RTÉ. 2007-03-16. Retrieved 2009-02-21.
- "SCUBA DICE - MADE". Irish Heartbeat. Retrieved 2009-02-21.[dead link]
- Start, Author (2008-07-11). "Scuba Dice headlining Stables' All Ages gig". Westmeath Examiner. Retrieved 2009-02-21.
- "Beatbox Song with Scuba Dice". Beat 102-103. 26 June 2007. Retrieved 21 February 2009.
- Start, Author (2008-07-11). "Scuba Dice headlining Stables' All Ages gig". Westmeathexaminer.ie. Retrieved 2009-02-21.
- "BlastSpace Music Competition - win a trip to Los Angeles for your Band". Sunday World. Retrieved 2009-02-21.
- "Independent Irish Music Chart - Legal Music Download Website contributing to the Irish Official Music Chart". Downloadmusic.ie. Retrieved 2009-02-21.
- "New Single from Scuba Dice in February". Kilkenny Music. 2009-01-15. Retrieved 2009-02-21.[dead link]
- Dithmarscher Rock Festival